• Get Gaming!

Did you know AZfurs has Game Servers? Go to More > Game Servers and check them out!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: Ford, General Motors, and Chrysler Group.

Ford, General Motors, and Chrysler Group. 09 Dec 2013 14:49 #582

I may have made a mistake with the subject of this topic, I think it was supposed to say "Found on road dead", "Government Motors", and "Fiat".
What matters is, fords are pretty reliable, I don't think GM is owned by the government anymore, and fuck you too fiat, for making out country less of what it means to be the United States.

I love all american car companies pretty equally(Well, mexico is technically in one of the American continents... but I think I'm not going to mention them.), in that I can find flaws in all of them and still put up with them. Like chevy cavaliers... damn those things, but they're so cheap to own, heh. Ford mustangs... that's called originality... and Dodge Darts... those are really Alfa Romeos...

Moving on to pros of these three companies, The Ford Ranger is pretty legit, Linx has one, I love it. The Dodge (anything with a Cummins in it) makes me melt every time I hear one. and the Chevy Cruze, though small, has brakes for days, and you can get it in a manual.

I don't want to hear anything about what car company is better, or which is worse, I don't care about that, I do kinda want to know various experiences and opinions of various vehicles from these three companies with no foul play. (That means you too Linx)

Also, did anyone know that if the new ford mustang had 4 more cylinders (that's if it comes with a V8 because I don't know) it really would be an Aston Martin?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ford, General Motors, and Chrysler Group. 11 Apr 2014 04:18 #1591

• zellway
  • Lurker
I'm a Chevy guy but I have had cars from all 3. In ford I had a 1985 F100 that was a great little truck. Did what I needed and never gave up on me. I know most people look down on them but Ford has been good to me. I also had a 2009 Mustang GT. In Dodge I had nothing but older stuff. I had a 1967,1972 and 1975 Dodge Dart's. Not all at the same time. I really like the A body's in the late 60's. Over all I like Chevy more for cheep parts and simple to work on. I have a long list of Chevys!

Ford, General Motors, and Chrysler Group. 13 Apr 2014 09:05 #1596

• hawse
  • Muzzled
  • Thank you received: 1
I've had a lot of ford trucks. An old f350 with a 460 and a c6 transmission in it. that thing ran and ran and ran .. was easy to work with. Only thing I did not like about it was the king pins on the front end, total bastard to change and you almost always had to change them cuz most folks did not grease them regularly so they'd wear out.

I've had 3 ford rangers of different eras, my favorite was my 91 with the 4 liter in it.

My favorite though has been my 2006 mustang GT. The dealer I had got it from sucked rocks, and is now out of business, but that car's been going strong. I have 240,000 miles on that car now. It's eaten a valve spring and amazingly didn't suck the valve into the engine and destroy it, it's had a leaky rear seal because they didn't debur the pinion gears and so bits of metal ate into the seal at 27k miles and my dealer wanted to charge me $800 to fix it.. I was incensed. They didnt' stay in business long.. did I mention that the dealer I got my mustang from sucked?! :)

ALso have a 98mustang v6. Not currently running, something with the fuel system I think, gotta look at it. And then there's bertha.. the truck. dodge3500 with a cummins turbo diesel. I LOVES that truck. We put carly ball joints on it, uppers and lowers .. that truck will last forever.. I'm prety sure of it.. the drivetrain at least, the interior? Hmmm.. not so sure about the interior.. :)

One car I had and don't anymore was a 71 challenger with a 440 six pack, bored .060 over and radically cammed.. that.. car.. was.. a BEAST.. Loved it to death though, despite all the problems I had with it. Loved it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zellway

Ford, General Motors, and Chrysler Group. 15 Apr 2014 09:11 #1603

• zellway
  • Lurker
Great list of cars! I miss my Mustang. I might have to track one down. I might have to be less picky. V8 and standard is a must!

Ford, General Motors, and Chrysler Group. 02 Jul 2014 18:49 #1998

Right now I own an Audi A4, and I have a 2003 Ford Mustang Base... Not much I can say about either of them since they're both broken... I'm one sorry excuse for a car owner and automotive enthusiast, but I love and dislike all cars equally.

Ford, General Motors, and Chrysler Group. 08 Jul 2014 22:01 #2019

• Otteronymous
  • Lurker
  • Thank you received: 7
Howdy!

I'm a huge fan of anything with wheels on it, and having worked professionally as an automotive technician for over a decade now I've laid hands on virtually any make and model of car that doesn't roll out of Italy with a bull or prancing horse on it.

While I truly love countless makes and models of cars, I do have a general affinity for Honda as a make. The bulk of my SCCA racing and race car building life have been spent on their early EF civics, along with at least one CRX and a rather ruthless 5th gen Prelude. The new Mac strut Civics have lost a lot of joy that the older wishbone chassis had, but the Honda K20's are the finest thing in engines since the Chevrolet LS1 hit the scene in 97. :P

Jenson Violetheart wrote:

Also, did anyone know that if the new ford mustang had 4 more cylinders (that's if it comes with a V8 because I don't know) it really would be an Aston Martin?

Fun fact. The Aston Martin V12 that appeared in the Vanquish in the early 2000's was built by squeezing together two Ford V6 Duratec motors together. Rather amusing to know that an Aston Martin sports a heavily modified engine sourced from a Ford Probe and subsequently a Ford Taurus. Damn good engine despite the chassis though. :P

Ford, General Motors, and Chrysler Group. 03 Aug 2014 18:07 #2117

• SoulDiamond
  • Chatty
  • Thank you received: 1
I just fixed my 07 Crown Vic Police Interceptor. $1200 fix for the intake manifold, spark plugs, coils and boots, oil change, o-ring seal. Now I am working on repainting it. Just repainted the wheels on it, sanded them down and used a primer with metallic blue paint.

My car comes with the same V8 mustang engine and it is 4.61 L. The most common problem is the intake manifold which goes bad and starts to break the o-rings which can leak into the heads.
Last Edit: 03 Aug 2014 18:10 by SoulDiamond.

Ford, General Motors, and Chrysler Group. 30 Jun 2017 01:40 #4548

• RostWolf
  • Lurker
Glad to see there are other Gearhead degenerates on here as well lol
Anybody here ride bikes/ Motorcycles too? Ive got a Honda Dual sport I go adventuring around on.
My vehicle lineup is a half dissasembled VW bug, and an 03 Dodge ram. One motorcycle previously mentioned.
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

User Menu