FOR SCIENCE!: Plushies

Poll:How Many Plushies do you have?

>10
5 35.7%
5-10
4 28.6%
1-4
5 35.7%
Total number of voters: 14 ( Karma, Neon the Fox, Dizzy, Orcinus Orca, Mister Maow ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
More
02 Feb 2014 00:47 #1238 by Luke Wolf
I felt the other poll was starting to get a little stale so I'm going to throw more SCIENCE! into the forum... So I figured this would be a fun one

One thing people always forget about science: science never demands a rational explanation for anything. To science anything is possible... including magic... especially magic.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2014 00:53 #1239 by Glitch
Replied by Glitch on topic FOR SCIENCE!: Plushies
you keep this up I might need to make my own 'for science'

:D

More
02 Feb 2014 00:59 #1241 by Luke Wolf
Replied by Luke Wolf on topic FOR SCIENCE!: Plushies
I actually want to see that :P Please do.

sure these don't produce statistically relevant results, and there's self-selection bias and all sorts of other stuff which would make this data never hold up under scientific rigour but it's a very interesting and a fun way to build and discuss community.

One thing people always forget about science: science never demands a rational explanation for anything. To science anything is possible... including magic... especially magic.

More
02 Feb 2014 17:37 #1244 by Antnommer
Replied by Antnommer on topic FOR SCIENCE!: Plushies
I have three large-size anteaters and two Beanie Baby anteaters, one of which is the smaller McDonalds one (which I have pinned to my con badge lanyard). I have a few other random plushes as well.

More
03 Feb 2014 08:48 #1252 by Eclipse
Replied by Eclipse on topic FOR SCIENCE!: Plushies
I've no idea how many I have boxed away from moving years ago (and several times since), but given that I can count at least 2 appaloosas, a nightmare, a semi-anthro zebra, an arctic fox, and my computer mascot, a Beanie Baby cougar, as present and collecting dust in my house right now, I'm sure I have more than ten total!

More
04 Feb 2014 01:22 #1255 by Linx Aether
Replied by Linx Aether on topic FOR SCIENCE!: Plushies
You forgot to put an option for 0
o3o

I am the admin, Hear me mew!

More
04 Feb 2014 08:11 #1257 by Luke Wolf
Yeah well... Furries without any plushies seemed like it wasn't happening :P

That said those with none can post in the thread and maybe someone will end up correcting that situation for them :P

More
04 Feb 2014 09:21 #1258 by Dante
Replied by Dante on topic FOR SCIENCE!: Plushies
Two red pandas, one fox and a graduation parrot. I'm not sure about the one panda though, he might be considered too big to be a plushie.

More
04 Feb 2014 10:44 #1259 by Luke Wolf

Dante wrote: Two red pandas, one fox and a graduation parrot. I'm not sure about the one panda though, he might be considered too big to be a plushie.

since when is there an upper size limit on what is considered a plushie?

More
04 Feb 2014 11:52 #1260 by Antnommer

Luke Wolf wrote:

Dante wrote: Two red pandas, one fox and a graduation parrot. I'm not sure about the one panda though, he might be considered too big to be a plushie.

since when is there an upper size limit on what is considered a plushie?

The bigger the better! Though once they get to be as big as you are, you might as well get a fursuit. :=~

More
04 Feb 2014 12:54 #1261 by Luke Wolf

Antnommer wrote: The bigger the better!

+1

my 30in wolf plush is awesome for cuddling with

More
04 Feb 2014 17:05 #1264 by Dante
Replied by Dante on topic FOR SCIENCE!: Plushies
Well, I suppose the question is... what defines a plushie from a stuffed toy?

More
04 Feb 2014 22:23 #1266 by Antnommer
Nothing, from my understanding. I always assumed the difference was more between stuffed and plastic.

More
04 Feb 2014 22:23 #1267 by Luke Wolf
I've always treated them as aliases for the same class :P

More
05 Feb 2014 06:04 #1268 by Glitch
Replied by Glitch on topic FOR SCIENCE!: Plushies
Yeah I didn't realize there was a difference either >.>

Moderators: Kahlua Fennec
Time to create page: 0.590 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at out regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.