Forum
Share, Discuss, Make a Connection...

Attention Writers! (Story Section)

More
12 Nov 2014 22:00 - 12 Nov 2014 22:01 #2381 by Linx Aether
Would anyone be interested in a section in the article manager for their short stories?
It will work the same way that news and tutorials are posted, but have it's own section. You can post full stories or previews for people to read before they buy. We will also have support for graphic novels and comic strips.

To see how it works, click any of the articles on the home page. Creator credits are posted at the bottom.

I am the admin, Hear me mew!
Last edit: 12 Nov 2014 22:01 by Linx Aether. Reason: Typo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2014 00:23 - 13 Nov 2014 00:25 #2383 by Luke Wolf
If we're going to do that it would be pertinent to set up a meta-info system on them, and I would look to the way e621 handles that as it's mostly perfect, although tag discovery and handling viewing individual items in a pool could be handled significantly better (think edge bars to advance or go back in a pool).

One thing people always forget about science: science never demands a rational explanation for anything. To science anything is possible... including magic... especially magic.
Last edit: 13 Nov 2014 00:25 by Luke Wolf.

More
13 Nov 2014 00:31 #2384 by Linx Aether
We already have a tag system, meta info, and description enabled. To see the editor, go to Community > Stories > Submit article.

More
13 Nov 2014 10:40 - 13 Nov 2014 10:41 #2385 by Luke Wolf

Linx Aether wrote: We already have a tag system, meta info, and description enabled. To see the editor, go to Community > Stories > Submit article.

hm.. So you do, I'm not seeing any examples of how this info is exposed to the reader though, and I don't want to just play around with a test article to see, since I don't have anything related to furry that I want to write about at the moment.

One thing people always forget about science: science never demands a rational explanation for anything. To science anything is possible... including magic... especially magic.
Last edit: 13 Nov 2014 10:41 by Luke Wolf.

More
13 Nov 2014 16:24 #2386 by Linx Aether
Tags show at the bottom, meta tags are searchable. :3

More
14 Nov 2014 00:33 #2387 by Latrans
I am on the very low end of prolific writers (only get something squeezed out once every couple years) but figured I could drop something in there to see how it worked. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing any "story" option under the "Category" drop-down. I'm not sure how much use it would get, however, as we have these forums here which are much more visible.

[This space intentionally left blank]

More
14 Nov 2014 01:59 #2389 by Linx Aether
I have not created he section yet. I want to know if it will be used before I do. Also when you post a story it will show on the stream as well as the home page.

More
14 Nov 2014 07:07 #2390 by Hauke
While this would be better than trying to create a new thread for a story, or posting stories to existing threads (hard to find, and sometimes hard to group by topic, not convenient to find one author's stuff all at the same place), I'd agree that unless you felt like people were going to try to use it, it'd be a shame for you to put in some work.

I have some things I could copy over from FA: shorter, more PG type stuff.

Bawk Bawk Bawk-a-thrice Here comes the Cockatrice

More
15 Nov 2014 01:08 #2393 by Linx Aether
That is one main thing, can't have any stories above PG-13.
I am gonna see if I can make a proper editor rank and assign someone as the story editor.

More
15 Nov 2014 08:40 #2394 by Hauke
I completely understand why you'd want to have limits on what material you'd allow space to display. There's a lot of bizarre, fetish-focused and incredibly explicit stuff out there (and I've written some of it).

Let me know when and how to submit something.

Bawk Bawk Bawk-a-thrice Here comes the Cockatrice

More
15 Nov 2014 18:47 #2396 by Quinn
I'd be interested too. I have a few stories that I could share.

"The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." Vince Lombardi

More
16 Nov 2014 02:00 #2399 by Linx Aether
Working on it now :3

More
17 Nov 2014 12:37 #2407 by Razgriz
Will you have a NSFW option? I've got one NSFW story that I've written that I like to show around. It seems to mysteriously turn ghey people a little bit straight.

Check out this sci-fi book!

More
17 Nov 2014 16:38 #2412 by Linx Aether

Razgriz wrote: Will you have a NSFW option? I've got one NSFW story that I've written that I like to show around. It seems to mysteriously turn ghey people a little bit straight.

I did not have plans to add a NSFW section because that would require a rewrite of the TOS. If you have a SFW preview of the story or a good description of the story, you can post that and link it to the full version.

More
30 Nov 2014 15:25 #2465 by Yukinosagi
Apologies for the potentially unnecessary bump, but is there any news pm the status pf this?

Moderators: Kahlua Fennec
Time to create page: 0.579 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at out regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.