• Get Gaming!

Did you know AZfurs has Game Servers? Go to More > Game Servers and check them out!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: NW Valley Meet Ideas

NW Valley Meet Ideas 16 Jun 2015 02:05 #2863

• Luke Wolf
  • Bug Checker
  • Thank you received: 4
Okay so I was thinking about the lack of west valley meets other than furhop and so I've got a list of ideas that can be done. I can't set any of these up myself until winter break (probably) but... in case someone wants to start something here's some ideas of where to begin

• copies of east valley stuff
    • West Valley Potluck, There's plenty of parks in the area, no reason we can't do our own on this side
    • West Valley Bowling, Again lots of AMFs in the area, pick one
    • West Valley Tabletop Gaming, there's a rpg/war gaming and card shop right by ASU West which funnily enough has a copy of ironclaw something probably could be set up with them
    • West Valley JoAnn's fursuit building meet, there's a JoAnns at the mall complex on Bell
  • Cheap meets
    • Peter Piper Pizza, weekday lunch meet, from 12pm-2pm Peter Piper Pizza has a $5 pizza Buffet, there's one on Bell
    • Super Saver Cinema 8, Normal Movie Price: $3, Tuesday Price: $1.50
    • Great Skate, Thirsty Thursday, Donate a bottle of water - skate for free, Normally $4 to skate + $4 to rent skates if needed
    • Barro's Pizza, Lunch Special, $2.50, Prime Locations look to be: 67th ave and Beardsley, 59th Ave and Thunderbird, or 51st ave and Union Hills
  • General Meet Ideas
    • Barnes and Nobles, there's one at Bell, hang out at the in store coffee shop, read books, and such
    • Bookmans, maybe not a good idea due to the construction in the area... but they tend to be cool with geeky things
    • Jump Street, around bell if I remember, although might be Peoria, Giant indoor trampolines
    • Laser Tag, Metrocenter Mall
    • Fry's Electronics, fursuiting electronics, cooling, lighting that sort of thing
    • Campus meets, ASU West, GCC, etc...
One thing people always forget about science: science never demands a rational explanation for anything. To science anything is possible... including magic... especially magic.
Last Edit: 21 Jun 2015 01:57 by Luke Wolf.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

NW Valley Meet Ideas 20 Jun 2015 19:47 #2896

• Dante
  • Daily Poster
  • Thank you received: 5
Laser Tag is over by Metro Center. You should also drop Barrows on there. They have super cheap lunch specials, so that you can get a slice of pizza and a drink for something like $2.50. Lunch for $2.50 is awesome - although I typically require a slice of pizza and a salad to actually fill me up.

NW Valley Meet Ideas 21 Jun 2015 01:54 #2898

• Luke Wolf
  • Bug Checker
  • Thank you received: 4
Added, Thanks
One thing people always forget about science: science never demands a rational explanation for anything. To science anything is possible... including magic... especially magic.

NW Valley Meet Ideas 30 Jun 2017 01:24 #4547

• RostWolf
  • Lurker
definitely going to keep watch on this topic.....a long time ago...as in years now there WAS a Westgate meet that took place on thursdays each week if I remember correctly. but That didn't last very long. they had it out front of the AMC i think. One of the first meets I actually wanted and planned on attending. Its long gone now....
but i kinda slipped away from the furry fandom for a few years, kinda took a couple year (break) from it, and now i'm back, finally got some confidence to get out there and meet Other furs in person.

on a side note...Having a meet every two weeks like the IHOP meet sounds like a better idea than every week...gives people a chance to plan ahead I guess. weekly may be too frequent.
Last Edit: 30 Jun 2017 01:31 by RostWolf.
Time to create page: 0.378 seconds

User Menu