Forum
Share, Discuss, Make a Connection...
× Welcome to the AZ Furs forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

How did you choose your main fursona?

More
05 Dec 2013 02:10 - 05 Dec 2013 02:11 #72 by Evee Everwolf
Hey guys, Evee here!

I'm just wondering how you guys have chosen your main fursona? Me, i'd have to say has a deeper meaning.
Im what some peop;e call a Therianthrope, or Therian for short. Therians are people who share the soul of another earthen being. I don't really tell a lot of people this because it sounds crazy, yeah, I know, I don't care.

But, her markings? They're based off of a childhood movie of mine, Edward Scissorhands. You know how he has all those beltbuckles on his arms. That's why Evee has those square markings. Her eyes are green because every now and then, my eyes can turn green. But only after I cry, which is a damn shame because I love it when they turn that color.

Lastly, her name. My real name isn't Evee..
It's Rachel. My middle name is Eyvon, which is where Evee derives from. The haunted house i first worked at caught drift of my middle name and started calling me "Evee", and it got written up on the actor name board, so it finally stayed. It was only a nickname, but then I named my fursona Evee, and then I moved here to AZ, and just had everybody call me Evee.

So, Hello everybody. How was your fursona created?

~Evee Everwolf
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Dec 2013 02:11 by Evee Everwolf.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2013 07:15 #78 by Hauke
It's possible that many people have no reason beyond "I liked that species", or "that form appealed to me"--especially if a person has multiple characters. I've had a few, but usually only one at a time.

Hauke the Basilisk (though many English speakers would identify him as a Cockatrice ) has been my main "fursona" for the past 10 years, and he'll probably stick around for a long time. I dig the mythology. I've also never been much of a furry...I've always leaned more towards scales and feathers, so this character was a natural choice for other reasons.

(Artwork by Tzologeist )

Bawk Bawk Bawk-a-thrice Here comes the Cockatrice
Attachments:

More
05 Dec 2013 11:10 #90 by Antnommer
I'm a bit odd, I can be social but tend to be solitary, and I love bugs. Anteater seemed like a perfect fit. :=~

More
05 Dec 2013 19:16 #208 by Forzaroo
Weirdly enough, it kinda happened by chance. I had been thinking about it for a while. I obviously wanted a species that was somewhat of a reflection of my personality, but I also wanted to have something that is somewhat unique and suits my aesthetic tastes. My roommate thought I should go with something with prominent ears (I'm both a musician and audio engineer), and it came down to either a crux or kangaroo. I suggested being a roo to a close artist friend, and she really encouraged me with it. It became clear after the fact that it suited my personality, and the rest, they say, is history!

More
05 Dec 2013 19:32 #211 by Uhhnonymouse
I don't know.... Jordayne has actually been my Spirit Guide ever since I was about 10-ish, so in a way, he actually chose me!

"And if you can't see anything beautiful about yourself, get a better mirror. Look a little closer. Stare a little longer! Because there's something inside you that made you keep trying despite everyone who told you to quit!" --Shane Koykzan
Attachments:

More
05 Dec 2013 20:29 #225 by Ronin RedFox
I'd watch Foxes and they seemed to fit my personality quite a bit and they became my favorite animal. And my sona actually used to be just a fox. But I didn't want to be just another fox, so I made my sona a little more original and added some skunk to it! Now I've got a fox with some neat markings! :3

More
05 Dec 2013 22:01 #248 by Jenson Violetheart
My main Fursona is a Fox named Jenson. For a really long time, I was just an unnamed fox. My name actually developed from my original internet Alias, Generalmyers. I was on this chat website for a number of years, and someone there started calling me Jenny because she really liked only using the first three letters of my named, and feminized it. I didn't really like being called by a girl's name, So I changed that to Jenson. Now That is who my inner Fox has been called for many years.

As to learn that I was a fox, that took me some time. I thought a lot about all the animals I knew of, I sat down, and meditated for a while. When one's mind lingers on the fox, and shivers are felt up and down the spine... Well, I think we have a winner.

More
06 Dec 2013 22:50 - 06 Dec 2013 22:59 #414 by Blossome
I'm a hybrid, but originally when I was feeling out my fursona I was a snow leopard. When that didn't seem to quite fit me fully, I started looking at wolves, as animals I'd always felt connected to. In the end I wound up with a bit of this and that, but once I found what I felt I should really be, that was it, it never changed again. So I'm a snow leopard/wolf/eastern dragon. I usually say 'snolf' because it's easier than explaining, but the dragon is where my wings come from.

Blossome has always been my nickname, since I was a teenager, so it only seemed to fit when I chose a name to go with the fursona.

I'm rather attached to my fursona on a very personal level- it has a lot to do with past lives and desire to connect with nature, as do many things in my life. I think I technically fall under 'Otherkin' in the furry category, though Therian would fit too.

Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Dec 2013 22:59 by Blossome.

Time to create page: 0.468 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at out regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.