Forum
Share, Discuss, Make a Connection...
× Welcome to the AZ Furs forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello from a PA Gray Wolf

More
24 Nov 2014 16:53 #2447 by alphawolfpup
Hi, my name is Alpha WP, I am a gray wolf. I am 25 and a male. I am from Pennsylvania, but my parents own a house in Mesa which I usually visit every winter. This year I will be going there Christmas day and spending about a month there. I am new to officially being a part of the furry fandom. I am currently unemployed due to unforeseen and unfortunate circumstances in my life. I have a degree in Management Information Systems. I like technology. I love the outdoors. I hope to do a lot of hiking while I'm out there.

Since I am new to the fandom, only discovering it 10 weeks ago, I haven't been to a furmeet before and I only ever met one furry IRL before. Funny thing is I was essentially a furry since I was little, long before I ever knew there was any such thing as a furry. I have loved wolves since I was little and they are a big part of who I am. I grew up wearing wolf shirts, I had a matching wolf head hat and tail, nearly all my favorite movies are animated movies with anthro animals in them, I have lot of wolf stuff, and when I was little I wanted to be a wolf and that was just who I was. I just got my fursona drawn last week, which was super exciting!

I hope to be able to go to a furmeet while I'm out there, but it could be difficult. I will be staying with my parents and they don't know that I am a furry, and I know they would not approve whatsoever. I will also not have my own vehicle, but I may be able to borrow my parents vehicle, but I don't know what I would tell them.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2014 18:40 #2448 by Luke Wolf
Replied by Luke Wolf on topic Hello from a PA Gray Wolf
*howls at the wolfy* Hey there, welcome to the forums

One thing people always forget about science: science never demands a rational explanation for anything. To science anything is possible... including magic... especially magic.

More
24 Nov 2014 21:07 #2449 by Hauke
Replied by Hauke on topic Hello from a PA Gray Wolf
You could try one of the smaller gatherings that's at a public place during the day, like the one on Thursdays at Cup of Karma (though if it will still be on Thursdays when you're here remains to be seen).

Bawk Bawk Bawk-a-thrice Here comes the Cockatrice

More
25 Nov 2014 01:49 #2451 by Latrans
Replied by Latrans on topic Hello from a PA Gray Wolf
Welcome to the forums and (soon) Arizona!

First off, I can tell you that you have met furries in Real Life, you just didn't know it. As you've pointed out, there are negatives to advertising to the general public. For furmeets, I would suggest checking out this page . Several of the events there (IHOP, Cup-O-Karma, Tempe Game Night, Zzeeks) are recurring events and not just one-offs so they should be easy to plan for and if you miss one, there will be a couple more before you leave. Kids permitting, my ladyfriend and I will be attending the Game Nights a few times while you are here.

That, of course, precludes actually being able to get there. If you don't have a car of your own, public transportation is an alternative. Buses are... well they're city buses with all the good and bad that implies but they run regularly and cover most everywhere you might need to go. The Light Rail is MUCH better and faster, but only runs a single route. Check out http://valleymetro.org/ for more info on specific routes and times. Lastly, don't be afraid to ask someone to come pick you up. As far as your parents are concerned you are 'hanging out with a friend you met online' which wouldn't even be a lie.

I hope that helps!:)

[This space intentionally left blank]

More
29 Nov 2014 17:30 #2461 by Dante
Replied by Dante on topic Hello from a PA Gray Wolf
Welcome to AZ! You're from Pennsylvania? You lucky, lucky wolf. I have to wonder how you haven't heard of the furries until recently. You live in the state of the largest furry convention in the US, in fact, possibly the world. Every year, anthrocon takes place in Pittsburgh. It's huge. It's like a bucket-list item for every furry out there, You should check it out:

www.anthrocon.org/

Looking back through my life, I think each of us are surprised how we were furry before we thought we became furry. Furry, of course, has probably existed before most of us were born. Some might even say that we go back to ancient Egypt and beyond. It's a really great fandom to be part of and I'm glad you're here.

More
02 Dec 2014 10:15 #2489 by Antnommer
Replied by Antnommer on topic Hello from a PA Gray Wolf
Ah, Mesa. My old, old stomping grounds. Not sure if they'll have a Second Friday event while you're there, but be sure to check it out if they do!

And of course, I doubt you'll see any bugs, but take pics of them if you do for me! :=~

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at our regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.