Forum
Share, Discuss, Make a Connection...
× Welcome to the AZ Furs forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New AZ fur reporting in...

More
01 Jun 2015 14:57 #2790 by Ditch
Hey everyone, new to Arizona, attended the Phoenix Comic Con this last weekend, and ran into a bunch of furs. They pointed me this direction and also to the IHOP meetup that was happening Saturday night. I was unfortunately unable to go living in Queen Creek and having work Sunday. Real bummer.

Little bit about me, moved here from San Diego, CA at the beginning of the year. Being an ex-military fur I wasn't able to be very involved in the community because of friggen deployments and ship movements. So, excuse me if I am a little awkward from the get-go. My fursona is neon orange and black wolf, always wearing a pair of Dickies, always. My free time is a mix of playing on Xbox one and going for drives around Arizona, which is very beautiful, if you don't include this heat. How do you guys do this? It's already face melting hot and it's not at the peak yet! Although there are a lot of breweries out here to explore and escape the heat, :D Coyotes hockey fan! Always rooting for the underdog (hey-ooo), but it was exciting to meet Howler at the comic con.

Sorry if I ramble, I tend to do that a lot. Anyway, I'm really excited and looking forward to meeting furs at the IHOP meets and 2015 Fur Con! In the mean time if anyone know of any good breweries let me know, caught wind of 8-Bit Brewery, just it's so far from Queen Creek.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2015 15:27 #2792 by Alex the Dragon
Welcome to AZ :D
You might have seen me at PCC~ I was the purple dragon!

If you ever wanna chat or hang let me know :D I'd be happy to help you out with anything as well!

As for breweries, I can't help you there :P I dont really go to many.

Moved to Nevada. Sorry :C

More
01 Jun 2015 16:27 #2793 by Ditch
Replied by Ditch on topic New AZ fur reporting in...
I was there Saturday, not very long, having issues with my allergies so it made suiting very short. I don't think I saw you or many furs that I see in a lot of pictures. Never had allergies till I got out here, really odd. haha

For sure, once work slows down I would be pretty stoked to hang out and I'm sure you know more place than me to check out.

More
01 Jun 2015 16:47 #2794 by Kahlua Fennec
there are a couple of side meets in the valley too! like Cup O Karma meetup on Now mondays AND Thursdays in Mesa, Game nights every Sunday night in Tempe and some side meets that pop up every now n then like Gameworks, Dave and busters and Buffalo Wild Wings near ASU campus. just gotta watch out for them! we have a twitter and Facebook group that shows a lot of that activity if you want to be in the loop more! welcome to Arizona! hope the dry heat don't fry you too much XD

More
01 Jun 2015 20:56 #2799 by Ditch
Replied by Ditch on topic New AZ fur reporting in...
Right on! That's a lot closer and I will check those out for sure. Thanks for the info!

Yeah, "It's a dry heat!" is something everyone tells me, It's still hot either way. :P
It's not that bad... so far..

More
01 Jun 2015 23:24 #2800 by Kahlua Fennec
the only time we get humidity is during the monsoon season july-september? xD

More
04 Jun 2015 14:59 #2812 by Hauke
Replied by Hauke on topic New AZ fur reporting in...
Nice to meet you! Hopefully you can make the Cup o' Karma meets again.

Bawk Bawk Bawk-a-thrice Here comes the Cockatrice

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at out regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.