Forum
Share, Discuss, Make a Connection...

Guess what IC I am!

More
23 Feb 2014 17:22 #1388 by Dante
Guess what IC I am! was created by Dante
If both inputs are at 0 volts I return a 1 on the seven-segment display, otherwise for any other inputs, I display a 0 on the seven-segment display!

What IC am I?! :woohoo:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2014 22:19 #1391 by Antnommer
Replied by Antnommer on topic Guess what IC I am!
Does IC stand for "ice cream"? If so, I'm going for rocky road.

More
23 Feb 2014 23:25 #1396 by Dante
Replied by Dante on topic Guess what IC I am!

Antnommer wrote: Does IC stand for "ice cream"? If so, I'm going for rocky road.

Rocky road integrated circuits... they're carcinogenicly delicious?

More
24 Feb 2014 09:17 #1398 by Antnommer
I've forgotten almost everything I ever learned in high school electronics class. -_- I really need to brush up on that before I start screwing around with my Arduino board.

More
24 Feb 2014 10:28 #1400 by Dante

Antnommer wrote: I've forgotten almost everything I ever learned in high school electronics class. -_- I really need to brush up on that before I start screwing around with my Arduino board.

You have an Arduino board? Sweet! I've seen people do so many cool things with this. This one drove me a little crazy because I had never really played with ICs before (honestly, I've come to realize that my physics education was far more interested in teaching me about O-Scopes and analog devices), so I didn't know that I had to pull the ICs to ground if they weren't plugged in. Apparently, not plugged in =/= 0V and the circuit just starts picking up spurious voltages - including lighting up if I wave my hand in front of it (who knew I had such potential in life!). I'm thinking of trying out an Arduino or PIC in the future, probobly going to eventually play with both.

More
24 Feb 2014 14:19 - 24 Feb 2014 14:20 #1403 by Antnommer
lol Neat. Yeah, I do have one. I wanted to make a drone based on a bug (what else?), but I just haven't gotten around to it. Part of that project idea also involved hooking it up to a Raspberry Pi, but I haven't picked one up yet.
Last edit: 24 Feb 2014 14:20 by Antnommer.

More
25 Feb 2014 14:13 #1406 by Luke Wolf
Replied by Luke Wolf on topic Guess what IC I am!
you're a 7400, aka a NAND gate :P

One thing people always forget about science: science never demands a rational explanation for anything. To science anything is possible... including magic... especially magic.

More
25 Feb 2014 16:37 #1407 by Dante

Luke Wolf wrote: you're a 7400, aka a NAND gate :P

Woohoo! I think we have a winner. Also, I just sliced open my dead TI-89 Titanium today and installed a new quad triple-A battery holder (the old one was a sad failure in product design). Now my calculator is covered in duct-tape, to hold in the new battery case (the old one removed via the help of a handy dremel tool). So now I have an incredibly ghetto calculator O_O. However, it now works and at the least they're now soldered in (whereas, before, the connection between the battery and the circuit was simply a loos piece of metal - unsoldered.

More
01 Mar 2014 01:56 - 01 Mar 2014 01:57 #1426 by Luke Wolf
Alright now I have one for you:
I take 8 inputs,
if you give me 10101010 I give you back 01010110,
if you give me 11111111 i give you 00000001,
if you give me 11110000 i give you 00010000
what am I? (hint I'm not an IC module)

One thing people always forget about science: science never demands a rational explanation for anything. To science anything is possible... including magic... especially magic.
Last edit: 01 Mar 2014 01:57 by Luke Wolf.

More
06 Mar 2014 15:51 #1439 by hawse
Replied by hawse on topic Guess what IC I am!
Looking like a two's complement to me...

More
06 Mar 2014 16:17 #1441 by Luke Wolf
yup

More
06 Mar 2014 16:23 #1442 by hawse
hurhurhur!!! :woohoo:

More
06 Mar 2014 16:30 #1444 by Luke Wolf
whelp, it's your turn now.

More
06 Mar 2014 16:46 #1445 by hawse
Ruh roh. hmm... okay. :)

I take a character and spit it out a serial port and on the other end of the serial connection you see a "p" then I operate on it and spit it out a serial port again, this time you see an "8". What operation did I perform on the character?

More
06 Mar 2014 20:42 #1452 by Luke Wolf
a character? is that any arbitrary charcter?

Time to create page: 0.637 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at out regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.