Forum
Share, Discuss, Make a Connection...

Writer's Meet

More
05 Dec 2013 09:12 - 12 Jan 2014 13:09 #84 by Dante
Writer's Meet was created by Dante
The meetup is happening on the 8th of Febuary, from 3-5pm at the Xtreme Bean.

1707 E. Southern Ave. Tempe, AZ 85282
www.xtremebeancoffee.com/#!contact/c1d94

Hope to see you there!
-Dante
Last edit: 12 Jan 2014 13:09 by Dante.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2013 10:19 #86 by Hauke
Replied by Hauke on topic Writer's Meet
I wish I could be certain I remembered everyone who showed up at the last one. :/ I relied on the internet being my memory a little bit too much.

Bawk Bawk Bawk-a-thrice Here comes the Cockatrice

More
05 Dec 2013 11:02 #89 by Rien
Replied by Rien on topic Writer's Meet
We were supposed to get together on the 14th, next weekend. Because of the site downtime and the fact that the new site isn't finished and not everyone's on it yet, I'm actually thinking we might want to push this back until January. Thoughts?

More
05 Dec 2013 11:18 #91 by Linx Aether
Replied by Linx Aether on topic Writer's Meet
For the most part this site is finished. :3

I am the admin, Hear me mew!

More
05 Dec 2013 11:21 #92 by Hauke
I wouldn't mind a postponement. At first I thought going all the way out to January was a bit much, but then again...people tend to get stressed out during the holiday season, trying to get everything sorted.

Does anyone have anything to say about the stories we passed around to each other last month, anyway? I've sadly been negligent in reviewing them...I was gonna take them with me during finals, and read them there. :>

More
05 Dec 2013 20:52 #233 by Dante
Replied by Dante on topic Writer's Meet
I could pull things off on the 14th, but then again, I have the shortest list of things to critique. More important then time to correct might be time to write for everyone. I have a strong backlog because I'm hitting another writer's critique group once a month, but we all should have the chance to benefit from critiques.

Also, the front button (read more) just crashed Firefox Linx XD. I'm sure it's nothing though.

More
06 Dec 2013 10:18 #334 by Hauke
I wish I could say I had worked on more to share, too. But I'll I've knocked out is something kinda dumb about paper clips and staples. :> I'll have to pass it around if I get it ironed out...

Did you know there's a writer's club on FurryMUCK? If I remember right they meet every Tuesday in the afternoon and recite things they've written (cut and paste into the MUCK room). We could do something like that if we ever get more members from far-flung spots in the state (or even just the Phoenix metro area).

More
07 Dec 2013 19:50 #497 by Dante
I was talking about Stephen Pinker in the other thread and looked his name up on Google, coming up with this TED talk.

www.ted.com/talks/steven_pinker_on_language_and_thought.html

It's a great video to watch because he describes the various ways in which we use language, why we use it as we do and even how game theory plays into our words. I have the feeling that it could be a great resource for writing dialogue. Any thoughts on this?

More
11 Dec 2013 19:34 #695 by Dante
So was there any consensus? Are we meeting up Saturday or next year?

More
11 Dec 2013 19:45 #699 by Rien
Sorry about lack of communication. I think the holidays and everything are just going to be too much. Let's aim for January so there's hopefully a bit of time for everyone to breathe. Maybe the second or third weekend?

More
11 Dec 2013 21:39 #701 by Hauke
That works for me.

The coffee place I was thinking of last time we met is called Inside the Bungalow . I'm not sure if that'll be difficult for people to get to..I know it'd be super easy for me! :>

Another good thing about pushing this off until January is it gives me a little more time to get something else written.

More
12 Dec 2013 21:58 #726 by Dante
Alright then, January it is. That will give me some time to reflect on the suggestions I'm going to get at the local writer's critique anyways.

More
23 Dec 2013 11:56 #839 by Rien
Alright, how does January 18th sound?

And are we thinking the Bungalow in Mesa, the Xtreme Bean in Tempe again, or somewhere else? If we're doing the Bungalow, we have to make it a morning meet because their Saturday hours are 8am to noon.

More
23 Dec 2013 17:13 #841 by Dante
Any place is fine with me - unless for some odd reason I end up moving on that weekend (possible job acquired doing advanced mathy type stuff (linear programming)).

More
23 Dec 2013 17:43 #842 by Hauke
They close that early!? Yikes.

Well, if it's Saturday the 18th then meeting before noon won't work very well for me--so the Bungalow wouldn't be my first choice anymore (unless we moved to either Jan 11 or Jan 25).

Moderators: Kahlua Fennec
Time to create page: 0.367 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at our regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.