azfurs.com/events/35-fursnow-and-cocoa.html

I am the admin, Hear me mew!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trixon Fox

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2014 00:25 #2438 by Zeno Citium
Replied by Zeno Citium on topic FurSnow and Cocoa
I'm kind of excited about this,

Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile

More
27 Nov 2014 15:05 #2457 by alphawolfpup
Replied by alphawolfpup on topic FurSnow and Cocoa
Will people be driving there from the phoenix area?

More
30 Nov 2014 12:45 #2463 by Linx Aether
Replied by Linx Aether on topic FurSnow and Cocoa

alphawolfpup wrote: Will people be driving there from the phoenix area?

More info is available here on the Meetup page. Account Required to see it. www.meetup.com/Arizona-Furries/events/218717089/

More
30 Nov 2014 22:27 #2477 by Otteronymous
Replied by Otteronymous on topic FurSnow and Cocoa
Holy smokes this sounds awesome! I'll have to see how vacation time shakes out come new years, but I may be able to attend this.

More
03 Dec 2014 13:10 #2494 by Yukinosagi
Replied by Yukinosagi on topic FurSnow and Cocoa
Finally saw the info on this; it looks like a great deal of fun. I have never been skiing (snowboarding, sledding/tobogganing yes) and also snowmobiling, but never have been brave enough to be that kind of snow bunny. Is the date set in stone? Is there possibility for people to share a suite to control cost? Will there be carpooling? Will there be games? I'm unfamiliar with "standard protocol" at fur events, I've only been to Faerie events such as these.

More
03 Dec 2014 15:52 #2495 by Linx Aether
Let me see if I can get the organizer over here to discuss this with everyone ^^

More
05 Dec 2014 08:23 #2498 by Trixon Fox
Replied by Trixon Fox on topic FurSnow and Cocoa
Hi there everyone! I'm Trixon, the head organizer for this event. what can I do for you? just some general info, FurSnow and Cocoa will be on January 10-11 at Sunrise Ski Resort near Greer. now, at the moment, the resort refuses to reply to my emails and the weather is, quite evidently, not too favorable. It's currently an unofficial meetup, but I'm determined to make sure this happened. anyone that goes will need to pay for their lift tickets or pitch in a little bit if I can get the days reserved. After the ski, I'm thinking we could all head to someplace for a meal, like Licano's Steakhouse. I currently don't know the policies on fursuiting at the resort, but I bet it'll be fine to wear fursuits during, but it'd be wise to stick to the green slopes if you're wearing your head, or to at least have a guide if possible. I don't want any severe injuries during this meet, so anything to guarantee safety. :) I'm not sure of prices or anything, as I said, they aren't replying to my emails, but I've been updating the event on Meetup as I get more info. best if you were to check in on there to get regular updates, but i'll try to update this forum. :)

More
05 Dec 2014 08:38 #2499 by Trixon Fox
the date's been set in stone right now, but the resort may give me grief and deny me reservations for that day. but it'll happen then, whether we have reservations or not. you could set up something with any other attending furs to split a room, but there are cheaper hotels in Show Low, Pinetop, and Greer, which are all within an hour's distance from the resort, if memory serves me well. you'll need to work out carpooling with other furs, like the hotels and suites. I live 3 hours from the resort, but don't know any furs on the route there, so I won't be carpooling unless someone lives on the way and mentions it beforehand. I'm afraid that I don't plan for any games, However, if anyone would like to set up games and sub- events in any rooms or restaurants during the meet, it's fine by me. :) there's also a good sledding slope a quarter mile from the resort, if you don't wanna ski or snowboard.

More
05 Dec 2014 15:33 #2500 by Linx Aether
Thanks for updating everyone!
For the furs like me that would only be able to do a day trip, what time and day would be the best to come up? The 10th or the 11th?

More
05 Dec 2014 22:29 #2505 by Trixon Fox
Well, it depends on the person's preferences. obviously, no matter what, there's going to be a huge line of people waiting to get to the resort early in the morning, so for the 8 to 12 or 8 to 4 bits, definitely try to get there a half an hour early or earlier, since the line will be extensive. Now, Saturday would be an ideal day to be there for a day trip, but you'd have to travel a while and shoot for the 12:30 to 4 run if you don't arrive a day early. Sunday would be rough on the driver, since Monday'd be right around the corner and anyone leaving for a long road trip then after any of the runs will be sore and tired and the drive would be agonizingly long. either way, if you're coming from Phoenix for a day trip, shoot for Saturday so that it's not exactly required that you go home the same day, giving you the recovery day in case of emergency or in case you really need it. However, if work schedules don't exactly pan out for this, Sunday works fine as well, but it'd be wise to attend the 8 to 12 run, or to make it worth the trip, attend the full day and hop up on Advil and coffee on the night road trip home, but only for the Sunday scenario.

Moderators: Kahlua Fennec
Time to create page: 0.418 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at out regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.