Forum
Share, Discuss, Make a Connection...

Phoenix Comicon?

More
17 Feb 2015 10:57 - 21 Jan 2016 11:21 #2642 by Neon the Fox
Im posting this, because I didn't see any other threads about this event. Please excuse me if someone already did.
^^
so, Is anyone else going? I will be, but I wont be able to meet-up with anyone. :P (going w/ family)

-A little Info for those who may not know:
PhoenixComicon.com/
June 2nd-5th 2016
at the Phoenix Convention Center.

Tickets: Full Event- $50 (I believe the price will be going up after the end of January), Saturday- $40. The cheapest day is Thursday, which is $15.

Little bit of advice for those who have never gone before-
-Be prepared to wait. As in, standing in line a lot. X3
-If you've ever been to Phoenix, you might know how hot it gets there. Take that into account when choosing what to wear, and what to bring with you.
-Bring a water bottle with you. you'll thank me later. (the rules say you can bring one 16 oz waterbottle per person, and no out-side food/drinks.)
-I suggest eating lunch outside of the con for two reasons, 1, It'll be less busy, and 2, the 'cons food just isn't that good.
-Bring cash w/ you. It's as simple as that. X3 some things don't accept credit-cards.
~ ~If you have anymore tips, please share. ^^
Last edit: 21 Jan 2016 11:21 by Neon the Fox. Reason: Updated info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2015 12:03 - 17 Feb 2015 12:06 #2643 by Alex the Dragon
Replied by Alex the Dragon on topic Phoenix Comicon?
I will be going, for sure - and with my family as well. But my family is super chill and we tend to all do our own thing :P

I'm a regular comic-con go-er (if that's even a phrase)
but to anyone else reading - Neon's advice is pretty on-top.

• Bring lots of WATER, try not to carry large bags around with you, eat outside the convention center (its probably better tasting and not as crowded), and be prepared to WAIT.
  • Cash is definitely great to carry around with you - most places don't accept cards and if they do, they use something like Square or Paypal things and they require internet connections and that is HARD to get in the convention center.
  • Also - things will run pretty expensive until the last day but items don't always last so budget wisely.
  • Try to do ALL calls and whatnot in the lobby/waiting area - you'll have better service and even BETTER if you go outside.
  • Be sure to PLAN ahead if you're going to any panels - and try to be early by at least 20 min (especially the big ballrooms) or else its "good luck have fun getting inside"

Moved to Nevada. Sorry :C
Last edit: 17 Feb 2015 12:06 by Alex the Dragon. Reason: easier to read/understand
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neon the Fox

More
19 Feb 2015 19:22 #2648 by Misaki
Replied by Misaki on topic Phoenix Comicon?
gosh darn it I thought it was in October. I apologize, I will not be able to attend :'(

and yES BRING WATER, PHOENIX IN LATE MAY IS TORTURE IF YOU ARE NOT CAREFUL..

More
27 Feb 2015 20:58 #2660 by Soot
Replied by Soot on topic Phoenix Comicon?
Really debating on going to this one. I miss going to comicon.

More
13 Nov 2015 16:05 - 13 Nov 2015 16:12 #3304 by Neon the Fox
Replied by Neon the Fox on topic Phoenix Comicon?
Hey, the people who run PCC are running an event called Fan-Fest and I thought i'd leave the details here early in case anyone wanted to go. ^^ I personally won't be able to attend this.

Phoenix Fan-Fest 2015
Same website as above.
Dec 4-6
Tickets start at $10. (Full Event= $30, Friday= $10, Saturday= $20, Sunday= $15. if you buy tickets on-site they will be about $5 more.)
@ University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Az
Last edit: 13 Nov 2015 16:12 by Neon the Fox.

More
21 Jan 2016 11:18 #3905 by Neon the Fox
Replied by Neon the Fox on topic Phoenix Comicon?
-I edited the above thread w/ the updated info and dates for this years 'con. ^^

More
30 Jan 2016 15:46 #3935 by theAfanc
Replied by theAfanc on topic Phoenix Comicon?
I will be goign this summer. At least one of the days I will be wearing my partial.

More
02 Feb 2016 20:23 #3948 by Archaios
Replied by Archaios on topic Phoenix Comicon?
Ill be there! Should be in suit too, hopefully.

More
03 Feb 2016 09:50 #3953 by Reepir
Replied by Reepir on topic Phoenix Comicon?
I will be there! I will be cosplaying for the majority of the con. I just got an email about maybe being approved for a artist alley table so that might be a thing too. :D

More
15 Feb 2016 13:55 #3968 by Neacollietan
Replied by Neacollietan on topic Phoenix Comicon?
Big possibility that I'll be attending at least one of the days, and going to suit in my partial for a lil bit c:

More
22 Apr 2016 06:34 #4031 by Ditch
Replied by Ditch on topic Phoenix Comicon?
I will be there in partial.

Food at the con sucks pretty hardcore.

More
30 Apr 2016 19:07 - 30 Apr 2016 19:10 #4047 by TheDesertFox
Replied by TheDesertFox on topic Phoenix Comicon?
If you're going to get tickets, it would be a good idea to get them ahead of time as prices may go up closer to the convention. Last year's attendance was over 75,000 people and its possible that the occupancy limit may be hit at the convention center before the convention even starts, which would mean that ticket sales would stop. 75,000 is around 150 times the attendance level of the first AZ Furcon, Wow!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Comicon

As an artist, I'd love to get an exhibitor table, however PCC's website isn't transparent about table prices and according to their website there is also a rolling waiting list just to get approval. I'd like to know prices, but the organizers and exhibitors seem to very tight lipped about it. My guess is that a table plus the TPT application would be around $1500 for the convention.

I'm thinking about attending this year just to research the exhibitor hall and check out some of the cool costumes!

If anyone has exhibited there, let me know. I'm genuinely interested in learning a bit more about the whole process.

- The Desert Fox
Last edit: 30 Apr 2016 19:10 by TheDesertFox. Reason: Removed duplicate text
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neon the Fox

More
01 Jun 2016 19:46 #4092 by Static Fade
Replied by Static Fade on topic Phoenix Comicon?
I'll be attending and suiting on Saturday. This will be my first time going to an actual convention! Very excited and nervous x3 Can't wait though!

Moderators: Kahlua Fennec
Time to create page: 0.415 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at our regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.