Forum
Share, Discuss, Make a Connection...

being a furry on facebook

More
04 Mar 2016 18:14 #3982 by Saul Mondriaan
so back when i was cool and knew people, it was largely because i was keeping in touch with all you fuzzballs on facebook. i was registered there as saul mondriaan, which to my eye is a plausible name--but facebook baleeted my account twice because it knew, via psychic vibrations or maybe haruspicy, that i had something else written on my birth certificate.

i want to be a huge furry pile of fail on facebook, but i definitely do not want to be a huge pile of furry fail under my real name--i work in a sensitive industry, my parents are alive and have the internet, that kind of thing. how do i elude the psionic guardians in service of mark zuckerberg while still, you know, calling myself whatever i want to be called?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2016 09:11 #3994 by Hauke
Replied by Hauke on topic being a furry on facebook
I've thought about reactivating my furry FB account sometimes, but I'm worried about this sort of thing. They never tagged my account as being "fake" but I deactivated before that became a common policy of theirs, I guess.

I'd be interested in tips, too. Just out of curiosity, was your furry account linked to an email address with the character's name? I wonder if they check into that..it wouldn't be remarkable to be suspicious that "This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it." isn't using his real name when he sets up an account for "Fluff 'n Stuff the magic Teddy".

I'd think that having a character name that could be a real name can only help. I'm still wondering about how these kinds of accounts rise to their attention.

Bawk Bawk Bawk-a-thrice Here comes the Cockatrice

More
14 Mar 2016 18:35 #4000 by Saul Mondriaan
i thought of that, too! so after the first time they baleeted me i re-registered from a yahoo account with the same name i was using on there. no dice.

i'm wondering if perhaps someone was just up in arms about furries in general and started reporting accounts?

More
14 Mar 2016 20:56 #4001 by Hauke
Replied by Hauke on topic being a furry on facebook
I've heard conflicting reports on how, exactly, an account comes to their notice. Sometimes it just seemed to come out of the blue (according to the people who had them shut down).

Nobody ever actually said "So-and-so must have reported me". At least, nobody ever said that to me.

Bawk Bawk Bawk-a-thrice Here comes the Cockatrice

Moderators: Kahlua Fennec
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at out regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.