Forum
Share, Discuss, Make a Connection...

Panels and stuff

More
23 Sep 2014 07:46 #2192 by Hauke
Panels and stuff was created by Hauke
I was looking around for a list of panels at the upcoming AZ Fur con but all I could find was a means to submit a panel idea. I might not have been looking in the right place, I suppose.

Anyway, this made me think of something I've gone to several times over the past few years: Ignite Phoenix . It typically consists of 10 speakers who get a time limit of 10 minutes and 20 slides to talk about pretty much anything they want.

You could think of it as "TED for beginners" in some ways, but there are talks here that would never make it on TED (a memorable one recently was about Tiki bars in the Phoenix area during the 70's and 80's; another was about a guy's average speed per day which he found by adding up all the miles he had traveled and dividing by 364.25).

Is the furry community around here diverse enough to come up with even 4 or 5 talks like this? Not a full panel presentation, just something that'd last 10 minutes or so before moving on to the next speaker...putting them together would create an hour long event. They never had to be funny or entertaining--the most memorable ones were informative, and involve sharing something important to the speaker (even if it didn't turn out to be very important to the listeners).

Bawk Bawk Bawk-a-thrice Here comes the Cockatrice

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2014 01:57 #2212 by Kahlua Fennec
Replied by Kahlua Fennec on topic Panels and stuff
They are still finalizing the panels and events for AFC :3

More
15 Oct 2014 18:57 #2221 by Hauke
Replied by Hauke on topic Panels and stuff
Was it because they didn't have many people submitting ideas? I thought about it but didn't really know who to get a hold of.

More
15 Oct 2014 18:58 #2222 by Hauke
Anyway, this would be something that could be done outside of a con...not like people were rushing to say they'd be interested anyhow. :D

More
03 Nov 2014 09:32 #2282 by Hauke
Panel thoughts for next year:

Being furry even though you have no desire to wear a suit

Memory Lane: Text RP hot spots of the 90's, FTP and Usenet (a history panel)

What is furry and what is not? Where does it begin and end? A round table discussion

More
03 Nov 2014 22:59 #2285 by DuBois
Replied by DuBois on topic Panels and stuff

Hauke wrote: Being furry even though you have no desire to wear a suit

I think this would work better and be more appealing if it were rephrased to something like, "Fursuits: Are They an Important Part of the Fandom?".

Hauke wrote: Memory Lane: Text RP hot spots of the 90's, FTP and Usenet (a history panel)

I like this one. I think a panel dedicated to the history of the fandom in general would be really interesting.

More
04 Nov 2014 14:20 #2289 by Linx Aether
Replied by Linx Aether on topic Panels and stuff
I would go to the Being furry even though you have no desire to wear a suit one. Even though I would like to wear mine, I have a problem with it. X3

I am the admin, Hear me mew!

More
04 Nov 2014 20:40 #2296 by Hauke
Just for reaffirmation for some people...there's more to the fandom than fursuiting. :>

I remember a few panels at old, old cons I went to were sort of "discussion roundtable" types of things. We should try to bring that sort of thing back. I think it would have worked well at this con.

Moderators: Kahlua Fennec
Time to create page: 0.383 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at out regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.