Forum
Share, Discuss, Make a Connection...

Forum Gaming: ZORK!

More
02 Nov 2014 12:03 #2280 by Luke Wolf
I'm bored so I'm starting up a game of Forum Zork, the rules are pretty simple
0: Do not perform consecutive actions unless thread has been dead for at least 3 days
1: Whenever a movement command is used, eg: Go West, the next poster has to write a small description of the new location.
2: All players must write the "There is .... here" line followed by the list of interactible objects in the scene
3: Commands are to be on the last line with a '>' followed by the command
4: When a player does a new post they must write out the results of the command of the previous post

So Let's start off:

West of House:
You are standing in an open field west of a white house with a boarded front door.

There is a small mailbox here
>Open Mailbox

One thing people always forget about science: science never demands a rational explanation for anything. To science anything is possible... including magic... especially magic.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2014 22:55 #2284 by DuBois
Replied by DuBois on topic Forum Gaming: ZORK!

Luke Wolf wrote: West of House:
You are standing in an open field west of a white house with a boarded front door.

There is a small mailbox here
>Open Mailbox

You open the mailbox. There is a letter and a small package inside.
>Open letter
>Open package
>Open neither, this is not your mail

More
03 Nov 2014 23:05 - 03 Nov 2014 23:07 #2286 by Luke Wolf
Replied by Luke Wolf on topic Forum Gaming: ZORK!

DuBois wrote: You open the mailbox. There is a letter and a small package inside.
>Open letter
>Open package
>Open neither, this is not your mail

ERROR: unexpected Command on Line 3 and 4, Processing Line 2
West of House:
You open the Letter, it appears to be a flier for the local arizona furry forum, on the bottom is a a magical symbol, it shifts and moves as you stare at it, clearly magical. suddenly the letter bursts into flames and a confused looking fox fairy appears.

There is a fox fairy (She looks confused), and a package here,
>Open Package

One thing people always forget about science: science never demands a rational explanation for anything. To science anything is possible... including magic... especially magic.
Last edit: 03 Nov 2014 23:07 by Luke Wolf.

More
04 Nov 2014 18:09 - 04 Nov 2014 18:16 #2292 by DuBois
Those were options for the next person to choose from. I chose to open the mailbox from what you listed in your post, described what was in it, and gave options for the next person.
Last edit: 04 Nov 2014 18:16 by DuBois.

More
04 Nov 2014 18:17 #2294 by Luke Wolf
Replied by Luke Wolf on topic Forum Gaming: ZORK!

DuBois wrote: Those were options for the next person to choose from. I chose to open the mailbox from what you listed in your post, described what was in it, and gave options for he next person.

Well, maybe my instructions weren't clear but that's not how this game works. you put your command on the > line which the next person enacts however they want.

More
04 Nov 2014 18:23 #2295 by DuBois

Luke Wolf wrote: Well, maybe my instructions weren't clear but that's not how this game works. you put your command on the > line which the next person enacts however they want.

Ah, I was thinking it was more like a text rpg where you choose from a set of options at each turn and that determines the story.

Moderators: Kahlua Fennec
Time to create page: 0.353 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at out regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.