Forum
Share, Discuss, Make a Connection...

The Great Facebook Admin Purge

More
13 Mar 2015 09:32 - 13 Mar 2015 16:23 #2681 by Hauke
AZ Furs Facebook page: now there are two of them.

I suppose it's normal: every few years, there needs to be a big shake-up. Or something.

Bawk Bawk Bawk-a-thrice Here comes the Cockatrice
Last edit: 13 Mar 2015 16:23 by Hauke. Reason: Incomplete thoughts!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2015 18:50 #2683 by Razgriz
Found out what's wrong with the facebook group. It's literally that the head admin does not care at all about what happens. Not a single thing. The trend I am seeing in Arizona Furs is that the biggest names are the biggest babies. Imagine the chaos that would ensue if they were given positions of power in the community- oh wait, it happened.

Check out this sci-fi book!

More
14 Mar 2015 21:08 #2684 by Hauke
I still can't figure out why this place (AZFurs.com) never took off. Does it really just come down to it not looking as good as Facebook does on a smartphone?

More
14 Mar 2015 21:22 #2685 by Leo Simensen

Hauke wrote: I still can't figure out why this place (AZFurs.com) never took off. Does it really just come down to it not looking as good as Facebook does on a smartphone?

I can't even open the site on my iPod (Safari force-refreshes it before I can do anything), so I'd imagine other mobile devices have similar problems. Also, it seems like a lot of people already use Facebook, so a lot of information goes through here anyway.

I personally like the site, but one person does not make a community.

More
14 Mar 2015 21:30 #2686 by Hauke
One person at a time. ;>

More
19 Jun 2015 18:02 #2888 by Quetzal
It is funny you should mention this, as I've been trying to get onto the facebook page for ages, but sadly the admins have yet to accept me 8(

I am totally blown away by this site, however! It is absolutely fantastic! Though I suppose facebook is more popular due to convenience; it comes with all sorts of phone apps and whatnot.

More
19 Jun 2015 18:17 #2889 by Linx Aether

I can't even open the site on my iPod (Safari force-refreshes it before I can do anything), so I'd imagine other mobile devices have similar problems. Also, it seems like a lot of people already use Facebook, so a lot of information goes through here anyway.

I don't have an apple device to test on, but I can assure you that it does work on both Chrome and Firefox mobile browsers.

It is funny you should mention this, as I've been trying to get onto the facebook page for ages, but sadly the admins have yet to accept me 8(

This is the official FB group for this website. www.facebook.com/groups/AZfurs/
If you are still having problems getting in, it is because we cannot determine that you are from Arizona based on your privacy settings. Just message with your name here if you cant get in by tomorrow.

I am the admin, Hear me mew!

More
20 Jun 2015 19:51 #2897 by Dante

Linx Aether wrote:

I don't have an apple device to test on, but I can assure you that it does work on both Chrome and Firefox mobile browsers.

This is the official FB group for this website. www.facebook.com/groups/AZfurs/
If you are still having problems getting in, it is because we cannot determine that you are from Arizona based on your privacy settings. Just message with your name here if you cant get in by tomorrow.

I can't wait till Firefox for IoS comes out :D. Firefox is my favorite browser in the whole wide world. Yet, for now, I am stuck with the stupid Safari for my IoS device.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Linx Aether

More
24 Jun 2015 03:25 #2929 by Luke Wolf
So I have an idea, how about every time an event discussion gets opened up we throw a link to it up on the facebook pages. It'll divert traffic and raise awareness. Since apparently some are under the notion that facebook replaces this.

One thing people always forget about science: science never demands a rational explanation for anything. To science anything is possible... including magic... especially magic.

More
24 Jun 2015 08:34 #2932 by Hauke
I saw that too (that Facebook replaced this).

Facebook was, if anything, a stopgap measure when the first AZFurs.com went down.

More
04 Oct 2015 20:38 #3177 by Nuzz
Replied by Nuzz on topic The Great Facebook Admin Purge
Yeah I have noticed that the dedicated social websites are no longer as active as groups on Facebook or Twitter. Reason being that people are already on the smartphone apps for those sites, and already checking those sites due to all the activity that is on there. So as a result they don't think to check the other sites as much.

This site is pretty cool though, but I wonder if it might just have too many bells and whistles for people to be engaged/focused on the social aspect. And I noticed there is a different forum for each section of the valley, so that makes for many different pages to keep track of discussions.

The Facebook groups have too many admins though IMO. You only really need about one admin per 1000 members, and Facebook does not audit/log which admin did what. So any admin could literally delete every post and every user (except the group "owner" who first created the group) and you wouldn't know which one did it. Something like that happened on the Portland group at one point (now there is only one admin and the group does just fine).

More
04 Oct 2015 20:58 #3178 by Linx Aether
The problem with having only one admin is that not everybody agrees/likes that admin.

I am the admin, Hear me mew!

More
05 Oct 2015 21:09 #3179 by Hauke

Linx Aether wrote: The problem with having only one admin is that not everybody agrees/likes that admin.

Yup, I've seen how that goes. :>

More
20 Oct 2015 20:10 #3227 by TheDesertFox
I've got to get on here more often. Its a great alternative to FB where I don't need to give them my ID to use the website and the discussions seem to be pretty civil. Looking forward to seeing this site and community grow.

- The Desert Fox

Moderators: Kahlua Fennec
Time to create page: 0.501 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at out regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.