Forum
Share, Discuss, Make a Connection...

What a pretty site you have there.

More
30 May 2015 16:03 #2769 by K3rb3ros
Not sure this is the correct place to post this, but I am new and don't know any better. As a new arrival in AZ trying to meet other furs one of the first things I noticed is that this site (azfurs.com) is quite advanced and pretty as far as the functionality it provides. Especially compared to other entirely community generated websites. My only major gripe as a security conscious person is that the entire site is available in HTTP only. I just want to put my $0.02 out there as stating. I would support an effort to make it an option (doesn't have to be default) to browse the entire site with HTTPS.

^.^

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2015 18:23 #2798 by Linx Aether
The cost of running the site in SSL would be another $200-$300/year on top of the $300+ i am currently paying to run the site. It would also take a lot of work to get it going on SSL. Since this site runs completely out of my pocket, it is not doable right now.

As long as you are not logging in over public wifi all the time, there should be no security concern. If you are using the FB login then it is using their SSL security.

I am the admin, Hear me mew!

More
16 Jun 2015 00:23 #2862 by Luke Wolf
Linx there is this letsencrypt.org/ that'll be available in the near future if that helps you any on the SSL front.

One thing people always forget about science: science never demands a rational explanation for anything. To science anything is possible... including magic... especially magic.

More
30 Jun 2015 07:17 #2969 by Linx Aether
It was not about the cost of the SSL certificate. We use a Web Application Firewall and DDoS protection that charge more for using SSL. Since this post was made, I was able to add SSL to the site anyway. Read more about it here: azfurs.com/forum/news-and-updates/500-we...er-upgrade.html#2968

I am the admin, Hear me mew!

Moderators: Kahlua Fennec
Time to create page: 0.385 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at out regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.