Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2013 00:29 #63 by Aetius The Deer

Linx Aether wrote: @-@

Thanks Obama!

More
05 Dec 2013 01:51 #69 by Dante
Because I was silly and went to bed at 7:30 and now I'm p at 2 AM. That's why I'm awake!

Then I went to check on my favorite webpages and wham! I was introduced to this awesome surprise. Not to mention, that I'm extremely happy to see latin on the front page and a deep discussion of Cicero's On Goods and Evils. I should probably add my discussion there, but people always erase the text after I comment on it. Honestly, I frankly agree with Cicero's premise, that we should not denounce pleasure while praising pain, but should instead seek after pleasure and avoid pain rationally, as to avoid a greater pain that could occur from some minor pleasure, or to undertake a lesser pain for the sake of gaining a greater pleasure. Genius writing all in a nicely quotable format! Lorem Ipsum Dolor indeed!

Also, why is Rin staring at me. It feels strange as if someone were whispering in my ear: "Rin watches you sleep... and ponies." Everyone else is either hidden behind a button or cropped out, but there's Rin, staring me down in that eternally happy bright blue fox suit. O_O. Meep.

More
05 Dec 2013 01:56 #71 by Linx Aether
that reply made me happy x3

I am the admin, Hear me mew!

More
05 Dec 2013 06:52 #77 by Hauke
It looks like your hard work paid off..the site looks beautiful.

Bawk Bawk Bawk-a-thrice Here comes the Cockatrice
The following user(s) said Thank You: Linx Aether

More
05 Dec 2013 10:21 #87 by Linx Aether
Thanks ^^

More
05 Dec 2013 11:28 #98 by Antnommer
The site looks great! And it's a huge improvement over PHPBB.

My one suggestion is to at least add "Other" to the gender field in registration. I think the furry community is diverse enough to warrant it. ^^
The following user(s) said Thank You: Linx Aether

More
05 Dec 2013 11:35 #103 by Linx Aether
That is currently difficult to do. There is 3 options at the moment. Male, Female, and Unspecified. If you leave it blank, it shows as not specified.

More
05 Dec 2013 12:12 #120 by Antnommer
Oh, okay. Thought it might just require updating the dropdown.

More
05 Dec 2013 12:14 #122 by Linx Aether
nope, we are runnin 3 systems that use that field. I will have to change all 3. And I will eventually. Deadlines have to happen.

More
05 Dec 2013 18:03 #197 by JD

Dante wrote: Also, why is Rin staring at me. It feels strange as if someone were whispering in my ear: "Rin watches you sleep... and ponies." Everyone else is either hidden behind a button or cropped out, but there's Rin, staring me down in that eternally happy bright blue fox suit. O_O. Meep.

can't unsee

More
06 Dec 2013 08:47 - 06 Dec 2013 08:47 #314 by Dante
Also, why does the female avatar look like Fabio in a red suit. Seriously, I know it's pixelated, but that creature has really broad shoulders and a squared off chin. Am I the only one who's screaming a General Ackbar when I see that thing?
Last edit: 06 Dec 2013 08:47 by Dante.

More
06 Dec 2013 10:25 #337 by Linx Aether
lol!
If you wannna make a new one please feel free ^^

More
06 Dec 2013 19:21 #387 by Dante
Just out of curiosity Lynx, what is the scripting language did you use? PHP, Ruby on Rails, ASP.NET or something a little more exotic, like Groovy, Node.JS or Schala? I see a .html, so I can't imagine it being a RoR project and it would typically have an extension of .aspx if it were done in ASP.NET.

More
06 Dec 2013 20:08 #397 by Linx Aether
It's Linx btw ^^
The site is on php, using apache mod rewrite to make it look like .html. I find this easier on the eyes as well as search engine friendly. ^^

Moderators: Kahlua Fennec
Time to create page: 0.625 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at out regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.