Social integrations & More!

Poll:Do you like the new system?

Nope
No votes 0%
Yup
2 50%
*Shrug*
2 50%
Total number of voters: 4 ( Kysa, Mada, Nepal, Linx Aether )
Only registered users can participate to this poll
More
25 Jul 2014 09:38 - 25 Jul 2014 11:02 #2055 by Linx Aether
Hi!
Now we get to see if this generates complaints or is welcomed. After reading through a lot of suggestions from the past 8 months, from the beta forum, emails, facebook polls, and so on, I have determined what the majority wants from this site. People throw around the phrase "easier to use" when they really meant "more like facebook". Am I wrong? Below are some changes.

Please note: Some profile information such a birthday were not able to be transferred to the new system. Please update your profiles.

Added:
- Community tab
- Timeline
- Personal galleries
- Relationship status
- Facebook integration/login
- Better friends system
- Reporting system
- Better messaging

Removed:
- Image gallery (in favor of the new system)
- Connections (in favor of friends)
- Chat (temporary)

I am the admin, Hear me mew!
Last edit: 25 Jul 2014 11:02 by Linx Aether.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kysa

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2014 12:07 - 25 Jul 2014 12:07 #2056 by Antnommer
It's interesting. I don't really like Facebook, but that has more to do with how Facebook themselves run things rather than how it's laid out. I do appreciate how interconnected everything is. I think if the Facebook-like thing were to take off, it would be better suited as the site itself rather than part of it. That is, as a replacement for the forums. For what it's worth, I think the forums are fine, but I am not in the majority on that opinion. :=~
Last edit: 25 Jul 2014 12:07 by Antnommer.

More
25 Jul 2014 12:14 #2057 by Linx Aether
The forums will never be replaced. I integrated them with the new community layout. People will see forum activity on the global timeline.
The community timeline and section as a whole is more on a personal level. The only thing it really adds is the timeline, the rest of it is things like the forum, articles and events. I may add/remove more as I see is needed. (With community feedback)

More
25 Jul 2014 13:29 #2061 by Hauke
Replied by Hauke on topic Social integrations & More!
The secret will probably be getting something that's easy to use while on a mobile device.

The "timeline" layout might work for that.

Bawk Bawk Bawk-a-thrice Here comes the Cockatrice
The following user(s) said Thank You: Linx Aether

More
25 Jul 2014 13:34 #2062 by Linx Aether
I agree. this should solve the gallery and profile problems on mobile devices, and gives a great news feed for everything on the site.

More
26 Jul 2014 08:52 #2064 by Antnommer
Hmm, okay. So where is the new timeline, exactly? How can I get to it in the easiest way?

More
26 Jul 2014 12:26 #2065 by Linx Aether
Just click "community" in the main menu. It starts you off with a timeline of everything going on with the site, then you can filter it as you please.

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at out regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.