Forum
Share, Discuss, Make a Connection...

Webserver Upgrade!

More
29 Jun 2015 14:18 #2966 by Linx Aether
Hello all!
It has been in the works for months now, and I think I am finally ready to move this site over to the new server tonight. Here is some information you may need to know:

When?: Between 10pm-2am (6/29/15)
What do I need to do?: Be aware that you will be presented with an offline message, so do not plan on writing a novel of a post because it might be lost forever. Stop posting around 930pm to be safe.

Why?: New features and a faster server, and no cost to you... unless you want to donate, my Google wallet is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and my paypal is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. This site costs a lot of time and some money to run. (around $500+/year)

New Features:
- SSL forced on logins or by choice on all pages. (https in the browser bar)
- Faster load times on both desktop and mobile browsers
- Favicon (little picture in the tab)

I am the admin, Hear me mew!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2015 07:15 #2968 by Linx Aether
Replied by Linx Aether on topic Webserver Upgrade!
DONE!

AZflag Paw Icon = 6 hours down time.

jkjk, SSL enabled and new webserver is in use. The CDN is offline right now, witch means nothing to anyone but me. That will be back on later tonight.

What is SSL?
Simply put, it makes a secure connection between you and the server, so people up to no good can't steal your password.

Just put "https://" in front of the sites URL in places like coffee shops and hotels for a more secure connection.

I am the admin, Hear me mew!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.321 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at out regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.