Forum
Share, Discuss, Make a Connection...

MCC Planetarium

More
06 Nov 2014 17:42 #2323 by Hauke
Replied by Hauke on topic MCC Planetarium
Sorry for the late notice; this month's show is Friday, Nov. 7 and is new. It has details about the Rosetta mission, Europe's "comet chaser" that is scheduled to lob a lander at its targeted comet at some point in the next few days.

The shows start at around 7 PM and go every half hour or 45 minutes, depending on the length of the show; tickets are free but the whole thing is first come, first serve.

I can grab a few tickets for you if I know you're coming!

Bawk Bawk Bawk-a-thrice Here comes the Cockatrice

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2014 17:07 #2497 by Hauke
Friday, Dec. 5 is the MCC Planetarium's Pink Floyd Show which features many songs from Dark Side of the Moon. It's worth seeing...they usually play it on the last Friday of the semester, which is this Friday...the next show won't be until February 2015.

If you want tickets (the first shows start at about 6:30) let me know and I'll try to grab a few for you. They're free, but the shows tend to fill up fast.

More
05 Dec 2014 15:40 #2502 by Linx Aether
Replied by Linx Aether on topic MCC Planetarium
I am going to announce this on twitter. Next time if you have an event and add it to the events page, it will alert me to post it on twitter. :3

I am the admin, Hear me mew!

More
05 Dec 2014 16:10 #2503 by Hauke
It'd be good to mention that the max seating is only about 30 or so...and there's a lot of competition for seats. Small groups don't have a big problem getting in, but big groups are not easy.

That's probably especially true tonight since it's the last show until February.

But I'm right next door, ready to snag tickets...

More
05 Dec 2014 17:48 #2504 by Linx Aether
Replied by Linx Aether on topic MCC Planetarium
Done btw. I will not be able to make it because of distance and work. But have fun ^^

I am the admin, Hear me mew!

More
04 Feb 2015 11:38 #2614 by Hauke
Another show this week on Friday (Feb. 6).

I think the show is "New Horizons" which unfortunately doesn't have anything to do with the probe named "New Horizons" that is nearing Pluto; this show is old. :/

I'm gonna see it anyway since I'm here, and I'll probably hit Village Inn at Southern and Dobson afterward if anyone's around.

More
02 Apr 2015 22:16 #2701 by Hauke
April show is the Pink Floyd show put together by students..check it out.

More
29 Sep 2015 08:55 #3160 by Hauke
The shows have actually already started; last month was the first presentation of the school year.

This Friday (Oct. 2) there'll be a show named "Sky Fall" which I don't know much about. If I know you're coming, I can snag some tickets for you. They're free but it's first come, first served.

We sometimes go eat at either Village Inn or one of the other places near the corner of Southern and Dobson.

More
01 Dec 2016 21:15 #4403 by Hauke
They've got a revamped Pink Floyd show at the MCC Planetarium, from what I've heard. This is also their last show this year (2016). They'll start up again in February, 2017.

First come, first served; you can get tickets (free) for later shows if you want.

More
25 Nov 2018 09:03 #5171 by Hauke
The Pink Floyd show is coming up Dec. 7 at the Planetarium. If you're close to MCC check it out, it's free.

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at our regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.