Forum
Share, Discuss, Make a Connection...

Tabletop? Let's talk d20 system roleplay

More
14 Jan 2014 12:51 #1063 by Glitch
I'm an oldschool dm for mostly D&D 3.5, but I run a dozen or more different systems. Working on getting some people together for character development based roleplay starting about a month from now, perhaps a week or two sooner. days I'm best to run will likely be weekends in the evening, but if there's a group formed and we have a consensus to change the day to something that works for everyone I'm always up to hear it. This is absolutely something I could host as well, I'll be moving into a new house soon and have the full downstairs to myself, alternatively, if there are more smokers than myself, the garage is also a good option.

If anyone's interested in getting down and dirty with some d&d, let me know!

(Last point to raise, I prefer to run d&d and related d20, d10 and d6 systems for adults, as I find mature themes come up often in my games. This can be avoided if necessary
. if you're underage or new to tabletop roleplay, that's totally cool, but I'd make damned sure your folks are okay with you pretending to be a goblin around some weirdo from the internet. Thanks, lol.)

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2014 11:08 #1080 by Eclipse
What part of the Valley are you looking to do this in? It's a biiiiig place! :ohmy:

Glitch wrote: I'm an oldschool dm for mostly D&D 3.5, but I run a dozen or more different systems.

LOL Old school for me is Basic D&D. (Yes, I was around and gaming back then!) And maybe a little Arduin.

I spent a lot of years playing AD&D ver. 2, though. 3.5 was just starting to come out about the last time I regularly gamed. I just, finally, managed to get back into playing; there are not a lot of RPGers in my stretch of the desert even now. The GM's running Palladium's Fantasy game, I think he said it's ver. 2, and in itself considered old school these days. Having never played Palladium in the past, I couldn't say if newer versions of the system are better or worse, so it's all good to me -- it's a game! Yay!

I think he & I would rather play weekly, but at least one of the others in our group is completely new to gaming, and doing it mostly because she knew we both wanted to. She's not into it enough to devote time weekly, which means mostly bi-weekly games. (Better than nothing, though; I am properly grateful that I have a friend willing to explore this just to support her friends. :) )

More
15 Jan 2014 13:34 #1082 by Glitch
I meant I'm looking for a group for 3.5, but can budge to other systems easily, as I've ran them. I'm oldschool because I've played in as old as AD&D so yeah, I suppose you've been around a bit before even myself, back when elf was a class, right? ;) Anyhow, we're going to be in the general area of 85027, within about 10 miles. I haven't explored much of the valley, but I have a general idea of where we are.

I'd be ESPECIALLY excited to run or play stalking the night fantastic, but I imagine I'm the only one around who has the books or even has ever heard of it. best lovecraftian rpg system, I swear. :P

Weekdays are possible, but my sister would adore the opportunity to game and wouldn't be able to during the week, but like I said I will happily work something out.

More
15 Jan 2014 13:55 - 15 Jan 2014 13:56 #1083 by Chance/Miyu
awesome! i've been looking to get back in to games like this, its been about 6 years for me. I started on D&D third edition and really got in to it with 3.5. as for D10 systems, i like old school white wolf the best. my only question is, where about would this be taking place? (basic cross roads would be fine to give me a idea of where)
Last edit: 15 Jan 2014 13:56 by Chance/Miyu.

More
15 Jan 2014 13:57 #1084 by Glitch
As soon as we have the house for sure, I'll put the address out to anyone interested. Awesome to see people are up for it!

More
15 Jan 2014 15:41 #1085 by Eclipse

Glitch wrote: Anyhow, we're going to be in the general area of 85027, within about 10 miles.

Chance/Miyu wrote: my only question is, where about would this be taking place? (basic cross roads would be fine to give me a idea of where)

North Phoenix, almost centered on the 17 & 101.

Way too far from my stomping grounds, unfortunately! Hope you have luck rounding up a group up there. :)

More
11 Apr 2014 04:26 #1592 by zellway
I have never had a chance to play D&D I have seen some people at Empire Games but have not had a chance to talk with them. I have a small group of friend that play Warhammer 40k and Magic. That's about the level of my experience.

More
30 Oct 2015 13:27 - 30 Oct 2015 13:28 #3241 by Eva Æther
Not to really "necro" a post but I have a relevant thing to say here.

I'm starting up a 3.5E Dungeons and Dragons game looking to run on thursday evenings. I still need 1-2 players and it is open to all skill levels and new players welcome. Would anyone be interested?
Last edit: 30 Oct 2015 13:28 by Eva Æther.

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at out regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.