Forum
Share, Discuss, Make a Connection...

× Welcome to the AZ Furs forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hi!

More
16 Apr 2018 07:59 #4554 by Miles
Hi! was created by Miles
Hey everyone! I'm new here.
I'm about to graduate high school and I've only recently gotten into the furry community, but a while back I did commission a partial fursuit of my sona so I'll have that soon! I look forward to attending some cons and meets this year :0
Besides furry stuff, my interests include video games, and aviation. I plan on joining the air force after college and I'm a (very casual, very amateur) artist.
I'd like to make some friends on here so feel free to say hi!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arc~

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2018 07:58 #4560 by Hauke
Replied by Hauke on topic Hi!
Hello there, welcome to the forums.

If you joined the Air Force before college, would they help pay for it under the GI bill?

Anyway, I hope you can be patient for the last few weeks of school! I remember it getting harder and harder to put up with it, the closer it got to the end...

Bawk Bawk Bawk-a-thrice Here comes the Cockatrice

More
18 Apr 2018 08:32 #4562 by Miles
Replied by Miles on topic Hi!
Yeah, I've looked into that. It's kind of a long story why, but I can't enlist right away. I was considering doing the Air National Guard's early enlistment program before i figured out I couldn't yet.
Thank you though!

More
18 Apr 2018 21:53 #4568 by Hauke
Hopefully going to college won't create a huge amount of debt for you. Do you have any kind of fields or majors in mind?

More
20 Apr 2018 08:39 #4573 by Miles
I'm not really sure yet. I want a career in aviation but I haven't decided on majors or anything yet.

More
20 Apr 2018 08:55 #4574 by Hauke
It helps if you have a pretty good idea what you want to do before starting and taking a bunch of random classes. But what'd help more is relevant experience. Unless you know you want to become an aerospace engineer (or mechanical engineer or something else specialized).

I work at a community college, and encourage people to go, but I also hate seeing people working hard, spinning their wheels, and not getting any closer to what they really wanted.

More
20 Apr 2018 09:05 #4575 by Miles
I'm planning on starting out at a community college and getting the basics out of the way there where it won't cost me so much. I'm hoping by the time I'm ready to transfer and finish my degree that I'll have a better idea of what I'll need to do.
Plus I'm not even going to college right away, since I need a while to get some other stuff sorted out in my life, so I'll just be working and handling all that stuff first. Going to try to find a job at a municipal airport if I can for the sake of racking up more relevant experience.

More
20 Apr 2018 09:37 #4576 by Hauke
Sounds like a good plan to me!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Miles

Time to create page: 0.421 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at out regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.