Forum
Share, Discuss, Make a Connection...
× Welcome to the AZ Furs forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hey all, I am new!

More
22 May 2018 16:54 #5010 by Dingo
Hey all, I am new! was created by Dingo
Hey everyone, I am new-ish to the Phoenix area.
My name is Dingo
I have no idea what my main Fursona is.
I would like to get to know other Furs and get any help I can with pinpointing my Fursona.
Like it says on my bio, I am male and happily married with no kids.
I am NOT looking for anything sexual.
Just here to learn more about the Furry community.

Just because I walk with purpose, it doesn't mean I know where I am going. -Myself

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2018 20:46 #5011 by Hauke
Replied by Hauke on topic Hey all, I am new!
Well welcome to the site, first off. There's a mini-con coming up in July, I think (I'd have to check the events tab) so that'd give you a chance to meet plenty of folks all at once, and there's that Peter Piper meet every so often.

Did you move here for work or in search of other stuff?

As far as getting in touch with a Fursona, you don't necessarily have to have one. There could be none..there could be several. It's up to you.

Some people change theirs like a pair of socks. Others keep theirs for decades (I'm one of the latter and the character didn't just develop overnight).

There's a lot of flexibility here. :>

Bawk Bawk Bawk-a-thrice Here comes the Cockatrice
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dingo

More
23 May 2018 03:57 #5013 by Dingo
Replied by Dingo on topic Hey all, I am new!
I moved here to to get married with my wife who I had a long distance relationship with for 4 years (she is from Guatemala) :D

In regards to the Fursona, I know I have multiple.
One is definitely a Hare.
And I am pretty sure that my other is a canine yet I am not sure of specie (if that makes sense)

I have read on other forums that sometimes it is just as easy as "pick what you want"
Yet for me, "picking what I want" doesn't feel right.

I have seen people refer to there Fursonas as a character.
With me, since I have played RPGs for awhile.
The word character, to me, implies it is something that you can come up in an hour or less.
I understand not everyone thinks the same way so I am not passing judgment.

I have tried thinking of it like creating a character for a RPG, but it didn't feel right.
Like it wasn't personal enough.... I don't know.

By now you can see that I overthink things.

Aside from that, I will keep an eye on the events and see what I can do.
Thanks for reading my ramblings :D

Just because I walk with purpose, it doesn't mean I know where I am going. -Myself

More
23 May 2018 16:28 #5018 by Hauke
Replied by Hauke on topic Hey all, I am new!
I'm reminded of something a cartoonist I admire wrote when she was discussing creativity, and she brought up play, and toys: she thought certain ideas could be alongside our personality, somehow separate from what we think of as ourselves; but still part of us, and sometimes available to interact with us and sometimes not (she later said that this manifested when she wanted to draw, but couldn't...that "other part" wasn't available right then). She said that these ideas might live in us, somewhat independently, and in the same way an astronaut needs a suit to go out into space, they might venture out into a reality "clothed" in a toy. :>

Bawk Bawk Bawk-a-thrice Here comes the Cockatrice

More
24 May 2018 16:08 #5019 by Dingo
Replied by Dingo on topic Hey all, I am new!
Very deep, I like that.
And it makes sense

Time to create page: 0.317 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at out regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.