Forum
Share, Discuss, Make a Connection...
× Welcome to the AZ Furs forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Howdy from the east coast!

More
29 Jun 2018 10:34 #5037 by Abraham
Howdy! I moved from my hometown in Rhode Island back in December and have been enjoying it here in Tempe these last six months! It’s weird typing that out, because it feels like I still only just arrived; work has kept me really busy, and I haven’t had a chance to settle in and make new friends yet. Back in RI I was part of a group like this, so it’s nice to find likeminded people out here (and with such a professional website)!

I really enjoy movies, and storytelling in general (I write when I can). I also play a lot of videogames, and have recently started getting into anime. The most fun I’ve had out here though is exploring all of the new foods and cultures! Rhode Island is a really small place, claustrophobic even, so it’s nice to be somewhere so large with room to explore!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2018 12:49 #5038 by Hauke
Replied by Hauke on topic Howdy from the east coast!
The site is really nice, isn't it? I was impressed when it first opened up.

Did you move out here specifically for the job, or find it after you'd already moved here?

Bawk Bawk Bawk-a-thrice Here comes the Cockatrice

More
30 Jun 2018 02:10 #5039 by Abraham
Replied by Abraham on topic Howdy from the east coast!
Thank you for the reply! I was fortunate enough to have a job that I could take across the country, and I had a good friend from high school already living in AZ. Living in such a small state all my life made me want to get a taste of something different, and I’m glad I made the jump.

What are some good ways to get involved with the community? I saw there was a pizza dinner on the 7th, and that seemed a good way to start!

More
01 Jul 2018 13:09 #5045 by Hauke
Replied by Hauke on topic Howdy from the east coast!
The pizza meet is good; there's a small con happening soon, IBFC, and you might meet quite a few more people there.

If you use Telegram, there are several groups with locals in them (I believe there are links to join them on the main page here; there is a Facebook group too.

I tend to keep an eye on the events tab here, it doesn't steer you wrong.

Bawk Bawk Bawk-a-thrice Here comes the Cockatrice

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at out regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.