Forum
Share, Discuss, Make a Connection...
× Welcome to the AZ Furs forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Beautiful new home

More
05 Dec 2013 07:28 #79 by Hauke
Beautiful new home was created by Hauke
This almost feels like the day I got to quit the worst job I ever had and start the best job I ever had: this site it beautiful. (I said that someplace else, I'll say it again.)

I go by Hauke but in face to face meetings I usually go by Mark because that's easier for people to say correctly. I've been around furry sites, talkers, IRC channels and MUCKs since 1995. It feels weird to think that I'm coming up on the 20 year anniversary for being furry when there are probably people here who aren't even 20 years old yet. :>

Old timers might remember the Yahoo mailing list; it still exists and trundles along. The first forum was meant as a replacement for the mailing list, but the list will probably linger because the creator and owner vanished a long time ago, and took the admin rights with her.

The original forums had a similar problem later on in its life: administration from a distance. One of the best features of this site, in my humble opinion, is that it's based here in AZ.

I'm involved in the Facebook AZ Furs group's moderation team (some days it seems like an insurmountable task).

I work at Mesa Community College; if you go there, there's some talk about trying to get a student club organized. If that ever happens, I'd be glad to be the faculty sponsor (I can't be involved in running it though--it's got to be a student club).

Bawk Bawk Bawk-a-thrice Here comes the Cockatrice

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2013 08:53 #81 by Dante
Replied by Dante on topic Beautiful new home
Why is this textbox so angry?

Welcome Hauke! P.S. should we restart the writing event thread? That's this Saturday, right?

More
05 Dec 2013 08:57 #82 by Hauke
Replied by Hauke on topic Beautiful new home
I knew it was supposed to be coming up soon but I wasn't sure if it was this Saturday or next...or where we were all supposed to meet.

More
05 Dec 2013 09:07 #83 by Dante
Replied by Dante on topic Beautiful new home
Yeah, things got kinda haywire with the old site going down. I'll go create a thread and tag the necessary creatures on FA.

More
05 Dec 2013 11:57 #114 by Antnommer
Replied by Antnommer on topic Beautiful new home
Hi Hauke!

I'm surprised the Yahoo group is still around. I know I ditched my Yahoo account after it got hacked. My password was unusually strong, and I'm very careful about clicking links and things; Yahoo just sucks for security and always has.

Shame about the old forums, but so far I think the new ones are way better. Here's hoping it has a long, healthy life!

More
05 Dec 2013 15:34 #174 by Stargazer Starpanthress
*huggles!!!* Welcome back Hauke!!! :woohoo:
When the site went down I lost all contact info for you and we weren't able to get in touch with you prior to getting the site up, but glad to see you back now! We still need to do the Cornish Pasty meet one of these days!

More
05 Dec 2013 16:15 #179 by Hauke
Cornish Pasty!

I was waiting for this semester to be over so I'd be in a more celebratory mood and have weekday evenings totally free..a lot of them are spoken for already with other things at the moment. And I'd like to get my cranky significant badger to go along...

More
06 Dec 2013 01:27 #288 by Sada Kat
Replied by Sada Kat on topic Beautiful new home
Hello Hauke!

The Halloween Cat

More
06 Dec 2013 09:29 #315 by Hauke
And Hello Sada!

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at out regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.