Forum
Share, Discuss, Make a Connection...
× Welcome to the AZ Furs forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Moving soon to an area near you...

More
16 Feb 2015 22:16 #2640 by L8
Hello! I joined this site because I am planning on relocating to the Phoenix metro area this summer. I taught high school as an emergency substitute for a few years a while back, and now (truly tired of the daily grind of a dead end job) I am applying to ASU in hopes of getting certified to teach in an elementary school. (High school was a little too much for me, I'd rather try the basics with the smaller people.) I'm excited, nervous, and excited all at the same time with only a sprinkling of nervousness here and there. I have found that it is really hard for me to meet people whenever I move, especially since I'm a "young professional", somewhat shy, and not active in the Fandom offline. (Actually im just now getting more active online as well... very very slowly). I'm hoping that several thing will change with my next (hopefully last) big move.

So, that's why I'm here. I hope to make some new friendships so when I get out there I will have some friends that aren't tied to work.
... you know, like friends. Also, since I will be in the Phoenix area (and its way bigger than my current small town) I am looking forward to going to my first string of conventions... maybe the comic con that happens at the end of May if I get there in time - definitely the furcon that I think happens in the fall... there are benefits to living near a few million people - and the lack of snow is a plus too! (fyi its snowing right now where I am ... third time in two weeks... im not a fan)

I don't own a fursuit :dry: , I have a hyperactive pet cat :woohoo: , & my fursona can best be described as a hybrid, artistically I draw (kinda okay), make mixed media art pieces, polymer clay figurines, and write. Relationshipwise I am single demisexual individual... i pay my taxes and vote.
I like the idea of gaming but don't currently play any games... I would like to tho, but my current collection of co workers constantly debate about the best platform and every year or so it changes so I am still sorta waiting for a winner to emerge. (Leaning towards Xbox 1 only for the kinect feature)

Well, thats me in brief... a soon to be neighbor, hoping that there is a place for me in this fine little community.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2015 10:39 #2641 by Alex the Dragon
Well, I hope you'll enjoy AZ :D I went to school to study for Elementary Education as well - granted, I changed careers but it's still cool to see others with similar interests :)

I live in the Chandler area, which is about a 30min drive from the Phoenix area - and I am going to Phoenix Comic-Con and AZ FurCon when those dates are announced :) I'm a huge gamer and nerd and like to draw as well~

If you ever wanna chill or chat feel free to hit me up or send me a message! I'm sure you'll make plenty of friends!

Moved to Nevada. Sorry :C
The following user(s) said Thank You: L8

More
19 Feb 2015 20:40 #2649 by L8
Thank you for the warm welcome. Right now it feels like negative 30 degrees outside, but once I thaw out I will def. be in contact.

More
20 Feb 2015 17:58 #2650 by Hauke
I don't think I could handle high school OR elementary kids. Working with a principal, having parent teacher conferences...ugh.

Bawk Bawk Bawk-a-thrice Here comes the Cockatrice

More
17 Mar 2015 03:11 #2692 by HemmsFox
I recently moved to Phoenix as well, and I can tell you that no Furry community has ever impressed me as much as Phoenix has.

The people here are so friendly, and the meets are so frequent! At LEAST 5 a week. Usually 6 or 7, and that's just the open invite stuff!

Also I find that people here are really level headed. You don't get the kind of explosive drama that you get from other parts of the Fandom. So far as I can tell the drama that starts usually is ended quickly, and its a BIG desert so its easy to avoid.

Also, I'd wait a year to go to ASU so you don't have to pay out of state fees.

That and create an air conditioning savings fund @.@

More
15 Apr 2015 12:32 #2723 by Chance/Miyu
welcome Nimshi and Hemms to the forums and to AZ, I'm out in east mesa and look forward to meeting you guys sooner or later! ^_^

More
28 May 2015 22:11 #2760 by L8
UPDATE - I made it! Driving clear cross country (through some of the worse weather in the mid west)...
I can't wait to meet some fellow enthusiasts!... YAY! :woohoo:

More
29 May 2015 12:40 #2762 by Hauke
I think a lot of them are probably at Phoenix ComicCon today. :>

Bawk Bawk Bawk-a-thrice Here comes the Cockatrice

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at our regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.