Forum
Share, Discuss, Make a Connection...
× Welcome to the AZ Furs forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Hello There!

More
19 Jun 2015 17:44 #2886 by Quetzal
Hello There! was created by Quetzal
Hi everyone! My name is Quetzal, I am female, and I thought it was about time I met some local furs! I'm probably a bit young when it comes to the fandom, which is a little intimidating, and I am shy as it is, but I am eager to get involved and hopefully make some friends :)

I've been living in Chandler for a little over two years now, and I'm still not quite adjusted to things. I have a few interests, but art is one of the most prominent among them! I've recently been working on a fursuit, and have received many compliments so far, which is definitely encouraging! I hope to be done before Arizona Furcon, which will be my very first fur con!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2015 23:22 #2891 by Leo Simensen
Replied by Leo Simensen on topic Hello There!
Welcome!

Don't worry too much about being "too young for the fandom" - there's a couple of us who are only about a year older than you, and it hasn't really stopped us from enjoying the community. Just be cautious, start meeting people, and make friends at your own pace and you should be fine. There's also a lot of talk going on over Facebook, so if you haven't gotten involved there yet you should definitely check it out.

If you want to get involved with some other locals, most of the stuff happening in the Valley is in Phoenix, Tempe, and Mesa. There's a FurHop meet in Ahwatukee/Tempe on Saturdays last I checked, and there's the Cup O' Karma meet in Mesa (near MCC) every Thursday afternoon.

More
21 Jun 2015 14:54 #2906 by Quetzal
Replied by Quetzal on topic Hello There!
Thank you for the nice welcome! This is good advice yes! I'm trying to get involved in facebook, so hopefully that will be a good resource for me! Thankfully I'm not too far from the locations you've mentioned, so I'll keep an eye out for those events and get informed. Thanks again!

More
21 Jun 2015 15:16 #2907 by Hauke
Replied by Hauke on topic Hello There!
It'd be nice if more people started moving over here from Facebook, but it is what it is.

Anyway, welcome to the site! I hope you have fun at the con..if you finish your suit, I'm sure you will.

Bawk Bawk Bawk-a-thrice Here comes the Cockatrice

More
21 Jun 2015 20:12 #2908 by Ditch
Replied by Ditch on topic Hello There!
Welcome to the site! Can't wait to see your suit! Hopefully, we will see you around at the con and congrats on your first one.

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at our regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.