Forum
Share, Discuss, Make a Connection...
× Welcome to the AZ Furs forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Intro: Take 2

More
08 Dec 2013 15:46 - 08 Dec 2013 15:47 #526 by DuBois
Intro: Take 2 was created by DuBois
Hey there everyone! I go by DuBois (pronounced doo-bwah) and my fursona is a striped skunk. I live up in Cottonwood about an hour and a half away from all the action down in Phoenix. I've been a furry since late 2010, and I joined the old forums around that time. I've been to a few meets since then, some of the barbeques and Furfests, and recently AZFC. I'm hoping to get to more events, but I usually can only justify the drive for the larger ones. I'm definitely planning on going to the December Furfest. I haven't gotten my character drawn (or even figured out really) yet, but eventually.

I'm a pretty outdoorsy person. Hiking, camping, geocaching, exploring...even just a scenic drive is an awesome way to spend the day for me. I also love astronomy, meteorology, physics, and a lot of other science. I'm not huge gamer, which seems kind of rare in the fandom, but I'll play things here and there casually. I'm into sci-fi, especially Star Trek, Stargate, and Battlestar Galactica. I'm also into Photography, mostly landscapes. I've taken some photos at meets and other get-togethers that I used to have in my gallery on the old forums. I use a Nikon D50.

I'm currently working as an on-site and on-call computer technician here in Cottonwood for a business which covers all of the Verde Valley. I'm looking for jobs in Phoenix though as it hasn't been sufficient and honestly, as much as I love it here, I'm kinda stuck in limbo being that its a fairly small town. Plus, living in a more populated area will give me a chance to be more social and get to more meets as well. I do need to finish my degree too. Only thing I'm not looking forward to is the heat xD

Anyway, I know I've been around for a few years now but I still hope to get to know more of you in the near future!
Last edit: 08 Dec 2013 15:47 by DuBois.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2013 16:10 #529 by Blossome
Replied by Blossome on topic Intro: Take 2
*waves crazily* Hi there! I'm Bloss, it's nice to meet you!

I was just up that direction this past weekend, in Dewey. Also, aw yes, another Trekkie. <3 Hopefully if you do wind up moving down here, we'll see you at more of the meets!

More
08 Dec 2013 16:48 #536 by DuBois
Replied by DuBois on topic Intro: Take 2

Blossome wrote: *waves crazily* Hi there! I'm Bloss, it's nice to meet you!

I was just up that direction this past weekend, in Dewey. Also, aw yes, another Trekkie. <3 Hopefully if you do wind up moving down here, we'll see you at more of the meets!

Dewey eh? Did you go on up to Prescott? I usually take the road over Mingus Mountain when I go there. I never pass up a chance to spend some time in the pines.

More
08 Dec 2013 17:38 #539 by Forzaroo
Replied by Forzaroo on topic Intro: Take 2
*Flails arms* Hello! I'm Forza! Nice to see you on here. Always good to be into sci-fi!

More
08 Dec 2013 17:51 - 08 Dec 2013 17:54 #541 by Blossome
Replied by Blossome on topic Intro: Take 2
DuBois wrote:

Dewey eh? Did you go on up to Prescott? I usually take the road over Mingus Mountain when I go there. I never pass up a chance to spend some time in the pines.

We did, we went up into the mountains by Lynx Lake and had a picnic in the forest. ^_^ It was gorgeous, and I hope to get up there more often. It's more the sort of country I'm used to as opposed to the areas in and around Phoenix. We actually almost came over Mingus into Cottonwood, but didn't quite have enough time.
Last edit: 08 Dec 2013 17:54 by Blossome.

More
08 Dec 2013 19:01 - 08 Dec 2013 19:02 #548 by DuBois

Forzaroo wrote: *Flails arms* Hello! I'm Forza! Nice to see you on here. Always good to be into sci-fi!

Yup! Something I've been into sci-fi since as long as I can remember. I think I started watching Star Trek when I was 10 or 11. I started with Voyager and that's always been my favorite.

Blossome wrote: We did, we went up into the mountains by Lynx Lake and had a picnic in the forest. ^_^ It was gorgeous, and I hope to get up there more often. It's more the sort of country I'm used to as opposed to the areas in and around Phoenix. We actually almost came over Mingus into Cottonwood, but didn't quite have enough time.

I've not actually gotten a chance to check out the Bradshaws, which is surprising considering the amount of times I've been to Prescott. It's definitely going to be on my list for this spring. I've hiked Thumb Butte on the west side before though. I absolutely love the mountains and more traditional forests. Theres hiking to be done in Phoenix, but its just too deserty.

Also if you like coffee/tea there's a really awesome coffee shop in Prescott called Wild Iris. It's right across the street from that parking garage in downtown. They have a huge selection and a lot of pastries too.
Last edit: 08 Dec 2013 19:02 by DuBois.

More
09 Dec 2013 09:37 #571 by Antnommer
Replied by Antnommer on topic Intro: Take 2
Welcome back, DuBois!

More
09 Dec 2013 15:39 - 09 Dec 2013 15:47 #586 by DuBois

Antnommer wrote: Welcome back, DuBois!

Thanks! I don't think I've met you before at any events, but to be honest after all this time I still haven't gotten a chance to talk to a lot of you guys yet.
Last edit: 09 Dec 2013 15:47 by DuBois.

More
09 Dec 2013 16:34 #590 by Antnommer
Replied by Antnommer on topic Intro: Take 2

DuBois wrote:

Antnommer wrote: Welcome back, DuBois!

Thanks! I don't think I've met you before at any events, but to be honest after all this time I still haven't gotten a chance to talk to a lot of you guys yet.

Nope, I don't think so. Going to any of the upcoming events?

More
09 Dec 2013 17:54 #595 by DuBois

Antnommer wrote: Nope, I don't think so. Going to any of the upcoming events?

Yup. Like I said in the intro, I'll be heading down for the December Furfest. Hopefully the weather will be better than last year.

More
10 Dec 2013 10:57 #637 by Stargazer Starpanthress
Welcome back DuBois! I think I may have met you at some of the old BBQ's in the park. Hope all has been well with ya!

Time to create page: 0.451 seconds

Meet With Us

Come hang out with us at out regular meets and events! We love meeting new furs and people who are interested in the fandom. Check out the Events section for more information.